cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where can I get the new firmware that I must update the board with?

ABell.5
Associate II

I bought the P-NUCLEO-LRWAN3 STM32 Nucleo starter pack for LoRa and it says that if the NUCLEO-LO73RZ board's serial number is within a certain range, which it is, the board must be updated with a new firmware before use. However, the link provided only takes me to the LoRaWAN software expansion for STMCube. So, where can I get the new firmware that I must update the board with?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Imen.D
ST Employee

Hello @ABell.5​ ,

Welcome to the Community 🙂

You are looking for I-CUBE-LRWAN STM32Cube Expansion Package (UM2073 UM2587).

When your question is answered, please close this topic by choosing Select as Best.

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Javier1
Principal

no idea aboput the lorawan boards.

But if they are anything like their BLE stm32WB boards you update the radio firmware with stmcubeProgrammer

Edit: they are completely different.

https://www.st.com/resource/en/user_manual/um2587-getting-started-with-the-pnucleolrwan2-and-pnucleolrwan3-starter-packs-stmicroelectronics.pdf

I believe they are supposed to be updated via UART?

we dont need to firmware by ourselves, lets talk
Imen.D
ST Employee

Hello @ABell.5​ ,

Welcome to the Community 🙂

You are looking for I-CUBE-LRWAN STM32Cube Expansion Package (UM2073 UM2587).

When your question is answered, please close this topic by choosing Select as Best.

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen
ABell.5
Associate II

The UM2073 is the right document for the STM32CubeExpansion_LRWAN_V2.1.0 and not the UM2587.

Thank you

Sorry! your are right, UM2073 (not UM2587)

Thanks
Imen