cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unexpected different results when building BLE_TransparentMode example

Hichamm
Associate II

I've tried building and flashing the same BLE_TransparentMode example on an STM32WB5MMG-DK board from two different sources which gives me two separate results. 
Once straight from the latest MCU package found in https://www.st.com/en/embedded-software/stm32cubewb.html and another from STM32CubeMX with all parameters like the WPAN library included, the correct BLE stack binary on the coprocessors, etc. 

When I flash it from the MCU package folder I've gotten it to work properly and when I measure Jumper 1 (JP1 connected to the ble module) I get a current consumption value of 10.90 mA. I am also able to use all the example program's functionalities.

However, when I build (using STM32CubeIDE toolchain and flash from the project created by STM32CubeMX I suddenly see a current consumption of 11.50+ mA and when I try to use STM32CubeMonitor-RF I'm unable to  connect to the board. Adittionally the LED screen doesn't show anything even tough it should so it seems that the program flashed using this method is not correct at all even though the build and flashing process raised no errors. 

I'm wondering if these are supposed to be the exact same program how can they give such different results when flashed onto my device?

4 REPLIES 4
Hichamm
Associate II

I also want to add that the .srec file generated from the MCU package is around 68Kb while the one generated from MX is only 39KB.
What I'm generally trying to get from this is how to confidently use the MX program to flash a program I know is reliably doing what I want it to.

STTwo-32
ST Employee

Hello @Hichamm 

As you said, the result should be the same for both cases, I've tested both case and it works fine on my side. Could you please try using the STM32CUBEWB V1.20.0, the CubeIDE V1.16.1 and the CubeMX V6.121.  

Best Regards.

STTwo-32

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Hichamm
Associate II

Thanks for the suggestion, I've already moved on from this project so I won't be needing to try it again but I have been seeing various issues with generating the CubeMX examples so I've stuck to using the STM32QubeWB package for that.

If you are using the version of Cube tools and package i've mentionned. It should be good.

Best Regards.

STTwo-32 

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.