cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32WLE5CC FUOTA Firmware size issue

DBhut.1
Senior

Hello,

I am using STM32WLE5CC for my project of Lorawan FUOTA Project. I wanted to do FUOTA task with my application, but I think, there would be issue of size. According to FUOTA document, Firmware max size is 84kB, and When I compile only Generated Lorawan Code (on application code added), its size is around 65kB in Optimize level 1.

So only 19kB space is available for other code, which is very les for a product to develop, again Lorawan Multicast and Timing Module is not enabled in this firmware, which also consumes memory.I need at least 35kB for my custom application code.

So, how could I achieve FUOTA, in my application, is there any way to reduce Lorawan stack size or any other Lorawan Library for lowering Memory footprint.

Thank You

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Louis AUDOLY
ST Employee

Hello @DBhut.1​ ,

As you notice there is not a lot a space dedicated to your own code, unfortunately it will be difficult to find 16kB to fit your application code in the actual memory. There is not so much thing you can remove from the stack to gain some size (debug and print part for example but it won't add so much space)

The best way would be to add an external Flash that could be use to store the downloaded firmware.

Hope it helps a bit

Have a nice day

Regards

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Louis AUDOLY
ST Employee

Hello @DBhut.1​ ,

As you notice there is not a lot a space dedicated to your own code, unfortunately it will be difficult to find 16kB to fit your application code in the actual memory. There is not so much thing you can remove from the stack to gain some size (debug and print part for example but it won't add so much space)

The best way would be to add an external Flash that could be use to store the downloaded firmware.

Hope it helps a bit

Have a nice day

Regards

It means that FUOTA  is for testing purpose not for production.

Louis AUDOLY
ST Employee

Hello,

Yes FUOTA is an example, it give the bases of your application, but you need to match your hardware to your needs to have a system ready to be sent in production.

Regards