cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are there some STM32WB55 BLE stack maintenance plans?

AKwiek
Associate II

Hello!

I need to consider the best BLE stack firmware for production and its release provided by STMicroelectronics.

Is there some long term version or some release that have long term support status?

Are there some plans in BLE stack firmware development that I need to consider in our production plans?

Which version of BLE stack release would be the best choice for us? 

During last year, ST published several releases of BLE stack binaries. What I need to consider choosing BLE stack version? I am using BLE functionality of STM32WB55VG on Zephyr RTOS.

Now I'm using stm32wb5x_BLE_HCILayer_fw.bin, because with stm32wb5x_BLE_Stack_full_fw.bin I had some problems, and during tests the first worked better than others.

1 REPLY 1
Remy ISSALYS
ST Employee

Hello,

You can find information related to STM32WB wireless coprocessor binaries in the release note available in STM32CubeWB package. In the release note, you have the difference between each version of BLE Stack, and which features are supported according to BLE Stack type. New feature are developed in order to follow Bluetooth SIG standards and pass certification. In your case, the better way is to use the last version of the BLE HCI Layer stack (e.g stm32wb5x_BLE_HCILayer_fw.bin).

Best Regards