cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32WL and External Sx1276 Lora module communication problem!!

MKoca.1
Senior

Hello to everyone. I have the STM32WLE board and I have an external Sx1276 module. STM32WLE board has Sx1262 lora. I am trying to communicate Sx1262 to Sx1276. Actually, when I set Sx1262 as "Transmitter" and Sx1276 as "Receiver", I don't encounter any problems at first. Devices can send and receive data. However, when I set Sx1262 as "Receiver" and Sx1276 as "Transmitter", communication does not occur. The Sx1262 also never falls into the RxDone interrupt. It keeps crashing into RxError interrupt. Please help me!!

4 REPLIES 4

There's probably no one here who's going to spend hours debugging others radio and connectivity problems. Especially very contrived use cases.

You have all the source, and means to debug.

I'd suggest you make some independent listening node, and confirm the SX1276 TX case is actually transmitting.

Confirm the SX1262 RX case works, also.

While the Semtech code is designed to handle multiple instances to different radios the testing of that may be limited, and other code in the application layers may lack sufficient awareness/accommodation.

Double check interrupts are triggering the appropriate radio instances. Watch timers and timeouts.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
MKoca.1
Senior

Firstly, thank you for your reply. When I connect the Sx1276 with another Sx1276 it works normally. They can receive and transmit data as both a transmitter and a receiver. Communication is achieved when Sx1262 is a transmitter and Sx1276 is a receiver. The only problem here is the Sx1262 sends data but cannot receive data. The example I refer to is the PingPong example.

KToot.1
Associate

Hello MKoca.1

Have you found the solution.

I have the same problem.

MKoca.1
Senior

Hello @KToot.1​ .

I have been dealing with this project for about 7 months. I currently do not have a stm32WL series processor. That's why I can't try again right now. But I think the surest solution is to rewrite the whole code at the register level. In the problems I encountered myself, I generally saw that the HAL library alone was problematic, especially in terms of SPI. In another project, I solved my SPI problem by adding the "stm32f4xx_II_spi.c" library. You can try the functions in this library.