cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32WB55RGV6 No St-Link Detected

jvu
Associate II

I've been struggling to connect my nucleo board via ST-Link, I've tried uninstalling everything, reinstalling and my computer still won't detect the board when I plug it in. It's always just COM-3 device or whatever port I use. Tried installing the STSW-LINK009 driver directly from the STM website but still nothing.

9 REPLIES 9
STTwo-32
ST Employee

Hello @jvu and welcome to the ST Community 😊.

Could you please try to connect your MCU to the STM32CubeProgrammer. Don't forget to check that all pins are correctly wired (if it is a Nucleo, ensure that the JP1 is fitted on the USB_STL and that you are connecting the USB cable throw the CN15).

Best Regards.

STTwo-32

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Thank you for the reply!

I've downloaded the programmer and can connect via J-Link. Is there anything I can do or change to be able to connect to the NUCLEO board with ST-LINK? 

Could you share a picture of you're connections (board to PC and ST-link if it is not an eval board). Also, a screenshot of the error that you are receiving will trying to connect to CubeProgrammer with ST-LINK  will be really helpful.

Best Regards.

STTwo-32 

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Screenshot 2024-08-06 004046.pngScreenshot 2024-08-06 004020.pngIMG_4433.jpg It is connected to CN15

Could you please try using another Cable (USB Data Cable not charging cable).

Best Regards.

STTwo-32

I've tried three different cables, which have worked for other boards.

Is this manifesting as a J-LINK or an ST-LINK ?

Trying to understand what you're illustrating with the selective Device Manager image.

I'd agree it's not showing an ST-LINK, so drivers, or cabling, or that the STM32F1 with the ST-LINK firmware has been wiped or corrupted.

Did this work at some point? When did it stop working?

Avoid hubs and docking stations. Try another PC or USB Port.

If you flashed it as a J-LINK, select J-LINK connectivity, not ST-LINK

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

It's manifesting as a J-LINK. Hasn't worked before.

Is it possible to flash the device again as a ST-LINK?

I apologize for the confusion, I am still new to this.

Ok, but ST-LINK != J-LINK

Pick J-LINK in newer STM32 Cube Programmer, rather than ST-LINK

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..