cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32WB55CE Pinout & Configuration Interface has SPI1 greyed out

alexRossRBR
Associate II

Created a new project for the STM32WB55CE microcontroller and I am trying to configure the SPI1 using the Pinout & Configuration tool. However, SPI1 is greyed out with the message "I2S1 must be disabled". I tried looking for the I2S1 and I think it is implemented with the SAI1, but that is also disabled. 

Is this just a bug? Or am I missing a setting?

SPI1 Greyed OutSPI1 Greyed OutSAI1 DisabledSAI1 Disabled

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
alexRossRBR
Associate II

Well I guess I have good news. It looks to have fixed itself. Even in older projects the option of SPI1 is now available. The only thing that I can think of is that I restarted my computer (I restarted CubeIDE a few times before that with no luck, but restarting the whole computer I suspect helped).  

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
STTwo-32
ST Employee

Hello @alexRossRBR and welcome to the ST Community 😊.

I've tested personally and it works perfectly for the 3 STM32WB55CE MCUs. (STM32WB55CEU6, STM32WB55CEU7 and STM32WB55CEU6TR) 

STTwo32_0-1700250048022.pngSTTwo32_1-1700250077183.png

I'm using CubeMX 6.9.2 and CubeIDE 1.13.2. I suggest you use the last versions of each tools.

PS: you Can activate both I2S and SPI in the same Time (as you Can see in the screenshots).

Best Regards.

STTwo-32

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

alexRossRBR
Associate II

Strange I have:

STM32CubeMX

Version: 6.9.2-RC4
Build: 20230910-1412 (UTC)

STM32CubeID

Version: 1.13.2
Build: 18220_20230914_1601 (UTC)

Do you have this same behavior with all STM32WB boards.

Best Regards.

STTwo-32 

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

alexRossRBR
Associate II

Well I guess I have good news. It looks to have fixed itself. Even in older projects the option of SPI1 is now available. The only thing that I can think of is that I restarted my computer (I restarted CubeIDE a few times before that with no luck, but restarting the whole computer I suspect helped).  

alexRossRBR
Associate II

I discovered that this issue occurs if I open a project using a different MCU (namely STM32H563IIK6) first and then open a project with the STM32WB55CE. The SPI option will remain greyed out until I restart STM32CubeIDE.