cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32WB55 problem reconnection between my router and my coordinator

Stlinkos
Associate II

Hello,

I'm trying to make the Zigbee_APS_Coord and Zigbee_APS_Router example work, but I'm facing an issue. When I try to reset the router, it takes 1 minute or sometimes more to reconnect. Does anyone have any idea? Here are the logs: 13 seconds after resetting the router, the coordinator displays:

The coordinator :

[0;92m[00000041.976][PLATFORM] nwk_handle_assoc : Association accepted, sending response (0x54ba, 0x0080e125005ebf63)<LF><CR> 

the router: 

Stlinkos_0-1696580098958.png

Thank you,

Best Regards,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Ouadi
ST Employee

Hello,

The reset of the router leads to perform a new join process with the coordinator as the persistence data is not enabled on Zigbee_APS_Coord and Zigbee_APS_Router applications, so the router could not attach to the network automatically and may create a conflict we see in your logs with several attempts as for the coordinator side the device has already been attached to the network, a need of restarting both coordinator and router is recommended to establish the connection properly.

For the use case you mentioned on this post, we recommend to use the persistence data that makes the router taking back its role in the network and restore all clusters saved previously in NVM.

You can refer to the projects ..\Applications\Zigbee\Zigbee_OnOff_Router_NVM and ..\Applications\Zigbee\Zigbee_OnOff_Coord_NVM that enables this operation mode.

Best regards

Ouadi

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Ouadi
ST Employee

Hello,

The reset of the router leads to perform a new join process with the coordinator as the persistence data is not enabled on Zigbee_APS_Coord and Zigbee_APS_Router applications, so the router could not attach to the network automatically and may create a conflict we see in your logs with several attempts as for the coordinator side the device has already been attached to the network, a need of restarting both coordinator and router is recommended to establish the connection properly.

For the use case you mentioned on this post, we recommend to use the persistence data that makes the router taking back its role in the network and restore all clusters saved previously in NVM.

You can refer to the projects ..\Applications\Zigbee\Zigbee_OnOff_Router_NVM and ..\Applications\Zigbee\Zigbee_OnOff_Coord_NVM that enables this operation mode.

Best regards

Ouadi