cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32WB55 BLE STACK UPDATE

AkashJoseSaji
Associate II

- I made one firmware  for P-NUCLEO-WB55 board in which I was using BLE Wireless Stack full, which was directly obtained using CubeMx settings and the bluetooth communication was working well as expected.

-Later I checked the FUS and stack version using STM32CubeProgrammer.

FUS Version: v5.3
Stack Version: v16.12.0.27

- Then from the STM32Cube programmer, I upgraded the FUS(stm32wb5x_FUS_fw_for_fus_0_5_3.bin) and the BLE Stack(stm32wb5x_BLE_Stack_full_fw.bin). The current versions are:

FUS Version: v1.2.0.0
Stack version: v1.20.0.2

- After this upgrade, the device is not working as expected. Any ideas regarding the issue?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
STTwo-32
ST Employee

Hello @AkashJoseSaji and welcome to the ST Community 😊.

I suggest you start the wireless stack after the Firmware and stack upgrade (click on the mentioned button):

STTwo32_0-1720597491754.png

Best Regards.

STTwo-32

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
STTwo-32
ST Employee

Hello @AkashJoseSaji and welcome to the ST Community 😊.

I suggest you start the wireless stack after the Firmware and stack upgrade (click on the mentioned button):

STTwo32_0-1720597491754.png

Best Regards.

STTwo-32

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

AkashJoseSaji
Associate II

Thanks for the reply @STTwo-32 .

-I have made one BLE firmware test1.hex through STMCubeIde which performs basic BLE read and write operations.

- For this firmware to work smoothly, do i need to flash any other binaries such as stm32wb5x_BLE_HCILayer_extended_fw.bin, stm32wb5x_BLE_HCILayer_fw.bin, stm32wb5x_BLE_HCI_AdvScan_fw.bin for the smooth BLE read and write operations?

- Or just upgrde the FUS, flash the stm32wb5x_BLE_Stack_full_fw.bin and then load the intended firmware test1.hex?

Your response will be highly appreciated.

If it is just a simple BLE code (without advanced scan or ...), Then, you only need to flash the stm32wb5x_BLE_Stack_full_fw.bin and then load the intended firmware.

Best Regards.

STTwo-32

AkashJoseSaji
Associate II

Thanks for the reply @STTwo-32 .

Now I have upgraded the FUS to v1.2.0.0 , loaded the stm32wb5x_BLE_Stack_full_fw.bin and then loaded the intended firmware. I am able to connect to my nucleo board using ST BLE Toolbox app. But after transmitting some data over ST BLE Toolbox app, I am not receiving any data under Notify characteristics in the app. (the same was working properly before updating the FUS and the stack). Also the board gets disconnected and the it is no more advertising. After restarting the board also, advertsing is not happening. But other peripheral(UART) is working. 

- Any idea what I am missing here? 

This is a new question I suggest you close this ticket as answered and open a new one mentioning all screenshots from CubeProgrammer (how you did the update process, what is the source of your FUS and Stack that you are using and from which version of the STM32CubeWB is coming, what is the address you are using when uploading the FUS and Stack and finally when testing it with one of our example (P2P server or BLE_Heart_Rate) do you have any problem).

PS: ensure using the Last versions of the STM32Cube Tools and FW. And don't forget to start your wireless stack after the Stack and FUS update as mentioned in the first Comment.

Best Regards.

STTwo-32