cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stm32wb15ccu i2c bus never has signal edges

YGail.2
Associate III

I design a custom board including a stm32wb15ccu where I want to use the I2C bus. I have for SDA and SCL 10k pull up resistors. However when launching i2c the signal of SDA and SCL remain at 3.3V, no bus signal. Hence I could not communicate between the MCU and its slaves. ​pin 5 is SCL and pin 6 is SDA.

What I did so far to get the cause:

• Connected an external nucleo to the i2c pin headers , this worked perfectly fine.
  • Resoldered the MCU chip multiple times
  • Desoldered the pull up resistors, if somewhere 3V3 is shorted to the i2c. What I found interesting when desoldered the pull up resistors the voltage of the ​i2c is still at 0.2V instead of zero.

What I suppose a possible cause:

• Partly damage of the MCU
  • Design error, wrong pin selected for I2C on the WB​

TThanks in advance for any help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Foued_KH
ST Employee

Hello @Community member​ ,

You can try to check with an I2C example from the STM32 CubeFW :

STM32Cube_FW_WB_V1.15.0\Projects\NUCLEO-WB15CC\Examples\I2C

Foued

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Foued_KH
ST Employee

You can try to check with an I2C example from the STM32 CubeFW :

STM32Cube_FW_WB_V1.15.0\Projects\NUCLEO-WB15CC\Examples\I2C

Foued

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Michael E
ST Employee

You can also try with this very simple example on the wiki

Michael