cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32WB15 Wake_up pin polarity issue

JGuir.1
Associate II

Hello,

I use a stm32WB15 MCU in shutdown mode with a wake up by the wake up pin PA0 (System wake-up 1).

Everything works fine with the polarity "High". I use the HAL function "HAL_PWR_EnableWakeUpPin(PWR_WAKEUP_PIN1_HIGH)".

But with the polarity "Low" and the function "HAL_PWR_EnableWakeUpPin(PWR_WAKEUP_PIN1_LOW)" the MCU wakes up regardless of the logic level on the input pin (as if both Edges were selected !).

I checked the WP1 bit in PWR_CR4 and is setting is correct (0 for high level detection and 1 for low level).

I set the level on the input pin wiht a generator and I verify with a oscilloscope for debugging so it is not a hardware problem...

Thanks for your answer.

Best regards,

Joel

4 REPLIES 4
Piranha
Chief II

https://community.st.com/s/question/0D53W00001bnh8dSAA/how-to-enter-standby-or-shutdown-mode-on-stm32

The particular issue you described is most likely the issue 1 in my article.

JGuir.1
Associate II

Thanks Piranha for your response.

But my question is not how to enter in shutdown mode but why with High level it works correctly and why with Low level it fail ( in this case the MCU wakes up regardless the level on the wake up pin).

I

Has anyone ever made it work with a STM32WB15 and the polarity Low on a wake-up pin ?

Regards,

Joël

JGuir.1
Associate II

Hello,

Please Piranha stop answering my request and instead let ST tech support do it professionally.

Regards,

Joël

Remy ISSALYS
ST Employee

Hello,

Can you share the code are you using to enter in shutdown mode and to wake up?

Best Regards