cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32WB10 wireless stack

David Ashman
Associate III

Can someone confirm that the STM32WB10CC does not come pre-programmed with the BLE stacks? 

I'm assuming they are not pre-programmed, because I've used FUS in STM32CubeProgrammer to see if I can Start Wireless Stack.  When I do, a message pops up stating that an image was not found.  

If my assumption is correct, does anyone have a better way than STM32CubeProgrammer to program the stacks for production on a custom STM32WB10CC board?  It seems to me that the binary output from CPU1 and the stack binaries for CPU2 can be linked and placed in a common binary for a single download at a CM.  

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
STTwo-32
ST Employee

Hello @David Ashman 

1. There is no default stack on WB10 MCU except the FUS FW (Firmware Upgrade Service) that allows the programming of the RF stack is a secure way. There may be a wireless stack loaded at manufacturing time to tests the chip, but I think it is erased after. Anyhow there is nothing officially loaded on the chip.
  2. Unfortunately, not as the wireless stack is encrypted and requires a specific process to be unencrypted and then activated. While the user application may be encrypted with a dedicated user key using a separate sequence to be programmed on the chip. one single script is possible but there will be two programming sequences one after the other to program each of the cores.

3. For mass prod, it will be a good idea to use the think about using a gang programmer.

Best Regards.

STTwo-32

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.