cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32CubeMonitor-RF for testing BLUENRG-M2SP

dsm85
Associate

Hi,

I want to use the BLUENRG-M2SP for an application and I want to test this BLE module before designing a HW. For this, I have a NUCLEO F411RE and a NUCLEO BNRG2A1.

I wonder if it's possible to use STM32CubeMonitor-RF as a serial terminal in order to send ACI commands from a computer to the BNRG2A1 thorugh the USB dongle provided with the P-NUCLEO-WB55.

Thanks in advanced,

David

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Laurent LOUAZON
ST Employee

Hello,

No, cubeMonitorRF tool cannot be used.

You should use the BlueNRG GUI PC tool (STSW-BNRGUI - BLUENRG family GUI - STMicroelectronics) that will do the same.
It is normally intended to be used with Nucleo-L476RG flashed with Virtual COM port available in X-CUBE-BLE2 package.

You then should port this application for your NUCLEO F411RE, then you 'll be able to use the GUI for sending ACI command from the PC.

Regards
Laurent

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Laurent LOUAZON
ST Employee

Hello,

No, cubeMonitorRF tool cannot be used.

You should use the BlueNRG GUI PC tool (STSW-BNRGUI - BLUENRG family GUI - STMicroelectronics) that will do the same.
It is normally intended to be used with Nucleo-L476RG flashed with Virtual COM port available in X-CUBE-BLE2 package.

You then should port this application for your NUCLEO F411RE, then you 'll be able to use the GUI for sending ACI command from the PC.

Regards
Laurent