cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32BW55 BLE Demo Code no longer working after FW update (FUS)

Riscy
Senior

I followed the STM32WB Getting Started Series: Part 9 on topic of updating FW to a newer version and reviewed relevant App Notes and HTML from the repository. I use ST-LINK to STM32WB55 Nucleo eval board with STM32CubeProgrammer 2.12.0.

The demo code: BLE_HeartRate was working fine before the FW update and it is no longer working. The STM32CubeProgrammer confirms no issue:

FUS: IDLE & FUS_NO_ERROR

FUS VERSION: V1.2.0.0,

STACK VERSION: V1.15.0.3 stm32wb5x_BLE_Stack_full_extended_fw

FUS Operator V3.1.0

I have placed it to the correct address in accordance to Release_Notes.html.

I have deleted the STACK, but the demo code still does not run. I tried both BLE_p2pServer and BLE_Heartbeat in either case.

Any suggestion on how to fix this?

2 REPLIES 2
Riscy
Senior

I dont know why <stm32wb5x_BLE_Stack_full_extended_fw> made BLE_heartbest to crash into hard fault during debug (before it start), but when I switched to <stm32wb5x_BLE_Stack_full_fw> version, and it no longer crashes. Both heartbeat and p2p seem to work fine with the updated FUS and STACK versions. Any reason why or explanation would be helpful.

I note that p2pServer, the iPhone 13 app <ST_BLE_Sensor>, the LED image disappears when touched. I'm running on iOS 16.1.1 (the latest), suspecting a bug in the App.

MM..1
Chief II

Maybe you need read beter.

• Warning: To use this binary, it is necessary to adapt the scatter file in the BLE applications as:
    • The RAM_A shared range shall be reduced to memory range [0x20030000:0x200307FF]
    • The Mail-box buffers(MB_MEM1, MB_MEM2) shall be located in RAM_B shared defined in memory range [0x20038000:0x2003A7FF]
    • The RAM_B shared shall be added to Total_RAM_region