cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seeking MQTT Implementation Example for STM32H7B3I-DK with Built-in WiFi Module

Ayoub_Bnina
Associate III

Hey ST Community!

I've been exploring the capabilities of the STM32H7B3I-DK development board, specifically its built-in WiFi module with the Inventek ISM43340-M4G-L44-10CF chipset. While I've successfully implemented HTTPS functionality using existing examples like the Clock and Weather application, I'm now looking to extend my project to include MQTT protocol support.

I discovered that the network interface implementation provided in the Paho MQTT C client library is not directly compatible with the STM32 Network Library, which I am utilizing for network communication in my project.

I've searched through available resources and examples but haven't been able to find a suitable MQTT implementation tailored for this specific hardware configuration. Has anyone in the community had success implementing MQTT on the STM32H7B3I-DK with the built-in WiFi module?

I'm currently investigating how to adapt the Paho MQTT library to integrate with the STM32 Network Library.

Any pointers, code snippets, or guidance would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance for your help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Ayoub_Bnina
Associate III

Thank you @KDJEM.1, I have used Paho mqtt library and modified the source code to match the functions included in STM32 Network Library, and It worked.

Thank you again.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
KDJEM.1
ST Employee

Hello @Ayoub_Bnina ,

I think Nx_MQTT_Client_wifi example can help you to start with MQTT. This application provides an example of Azure RTOS NetX/NetXDuo stack usage. I advise you to refer to this example and get inspired from the readme.

Note, this application has been tested with STMicroelectronics STM32H747I-DISCO boards Revision: MB1248-H747I-D02 and can be easily tailored to any other supported device and development board.

I hope this help you!

Kaouthar

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Ayoub_Bnina
Associate III

Thank you @KDJEM.1, I have used Paho mqtt library and modified the source code to match the functions included in STM32 Network Library, and It worked.

Thank you again.

KDJEM.1
ST Employee

Hello @Ayoub_Bnina ,

Glad to know that the issue is solved and thank you for sharing the solution that you found.

Thank you for your contribution in STCommunity 🙂

Kaouthar

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.