cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Program ST50H with pyOCD

alexemdesgagne
Associate II

Hi,

I'm working with an ST50H based on STM32WLE5 series MCU. Here's the product: https://www.st.com/en/partner-products-and-services/acsip-st50h.html. I would like to be able to flash the device using pyOCD or OpenOCD. However, after installing the STM32WL series support for pyOCD, pyOCD ask me to select a target and I'm seeing these devices. I tried each of these resulting in a "critical No ACK received error".

alexemdesgagne_0-1708704076331.png

I would like to know the exact name of the STM32 used in ST50H. I asked Acsip for the exact name and they do not tell me more than STM32WLE5.

Did you have examples or documentation about flashing an STM32WL series MCU with pyOCD?

Thanks!

Alexandre

3 REPLIES 3
STTwo-32
ST Employee

Hello @alexemdesgagne and welcome to the ST Community 😊.

For the exact MCU used on the product, you need to contact your product supplier.

For the pyOCD, STM32WL supports flashing with pyOCD but you should add additional target information, which can be installed by adding “pack” support with the following pyOCD command:

pyocd pack --update
pyocd pack --install stm32wl

Best Regards.

STTwo-32

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Hi @STTwo-32,

Thanks for your reply. As I said, I already installed this support pack for PyOCD. When I run a command as below:

pyocd erase -t stm32wle5jcix --chip

I'm getting this error:

C No ACK received [__main__]

I try to know what I'm doing wrong and if the device is compatible with PyOCD.

Also, I'm able to program the ST50H using an STLINK/V2 and STM32CubeProgrammer. This is the configuration I normally set:

alexemdesgagne_0-1709038935330.png

Do you think that the problem may be caused by the lack of an hardware reset before connecting to the device?

Thanks,

Alexandre

The STM32WL is a cortex M4 based product so it should be compatible with the PyOCD. For your configuration, I suggest you contact a Python expert for help.

Best Regards.

STTwo-32

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.