cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cube Programmer permalink for easy integration in docker images

Giulio Girardi
Associate

In my organization we have developed a few docker images so that any developer is able to quickly get a working development environment having all the needed tools (e.g. compiler, debugger, static analysis tools, utilities, programmers, etc.)

A very useful tool to have is the Cube Programmer, especially the cli version, to have the official application to program microcontrollers.

However at the moment it is not easy to include it inside a dockerfile, because I could find no permanent link for download, and manual operations are required to download it and install it, defeating the purpose of a ready to go environment which is what we want to obtain.

At the moment we've been using other programmers (e.g. pyocd or texane/st-link) but for some specific things (e.g. unlocking, option bytes) the cube programmer is more reliable and would be nice to have.

So my question is, is there a way to have a permanent link for downloading the cube programmer, so that it can be easily downloaded and installed by a dockerfile?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Bob S
Principal

Point your docker image to a local copy of the installer. Our dev environment is totally isolated from the internet, so everything gets installed from local copies.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Bob S
Principal

Point your docker image to a local copy of the installer. Our dev environment is totally isolated from the internet, so everything gets installed from local copies.