cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

P-NUCLEO-WB55 USB Dongle

Edmund
Associate II

Hello everyone,

I am looking for a USB Bluetooth/Zigbee module like the WB55CG USB dongle that is part of the P-NUCLEO-WB55.
Can anyone tell me if the module is also available as a standalone product?

If this is possible, can someone answer the following questions
* Where can I find the Linux device drivers?
* Are the sources of the module firmware freely available?
* Is it possible to flash the module with my own firmware?

Most of the modules I have already found are based on the TI chip I originally used.
Since the TI chip already has a successor, I would like to continue with ST modules.

Best regards,
Edmund

1 REPLY 1
STTwo-32
ST Employee

Hello @Edmund 

For the USB Dongle of the P-Nucleo-WB55, it can be used for both Zigbee and BLE applications.

It is not available as a standalone on the curent packages but you may can request that from our sales and marketing teams and they may can help you. 

For the Linux drivers, we don't offer such drivers. We only give a full free Cube package ( STM32CubeWB) that will help you creating codes for your project. It can work on different IDEs (CubeIDE, IAR, Keil) on Windows, linux and Mac devises. For the firmware, you can add your own codes. But for the STACK and FUS of the Cortex M0+, you should use one of the ST .bin files depending on your application.

Best Regards.

STTwo-32 

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.