cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

P-NUCLEO-LRWAN2 - Sensor-board trouble with AT commands

Ronny Landsverk
Associate III

Following section 4 in UM2587, I've connected an FTDI UART-RS232 adapter to the I-NUCLEO-LRWAN1 sensor board to read the APPEUI but I don't get any response. I've also tried reading from memory 0x08080000 of the NUCLEO-L073RZ board, but I only get zeros. I've tried flashing the L073RZ with the AT_Master demo project from the STM32CubeExpansion_LRWAN_V2.1.0 firmware, following UM2073, but It's still not working. 

Should I be able to use AT commands via UART on LPUART1_Rx/Tx independent of the firmware on the NUCLEO-L073RZ ? What changes do I need to make to the AT_Master project to make it work ? I think the AppEUI for example, should be populated automatically into memory based on internal memory of the I-NUCLEO-LRWAN1 ? Or do I need to call the functions LoRa_SetDeviceID() and  LoRa_SetAppID() to populate memory 0x08080000 on the L073 ? 

I think the documentation could be more "beginner friendly" as most people buy demo-kits to get a minimum working example that you can mess with as an introduction to the technology :(

2 REPLIES 2
Issamos
Lead II

Hello @Ronny Landsverk 

I think this post is really easy to understand and can guide you to make it work. The post use the French language but it is so easy to translate all the page to any language you want .

Best regards.

II

Thanks. I've tried looking at the post, but I don't think it brings new information as compared to the UM2587. Regardless of whether or not I've flashed the NUCLEO-L073 that carries the I-NUCLEO-LRWAN1 correctly, should I still be able to read AT commands via the UART on the sensor board pins ? I.e. through connecting a USB-UART adapter to CN9 Pin1 and CN9 Pin2 ?