cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NUCLEO WL5 debug problem

MKoca.1
Senior

Hello to everyone. I am trying to develop an application on Lora on the NUCLEO WL5 series development board. But I could not debug the board via CubeMx. I am trying to use external debugger but I still have mcu not found problem. Can anyone tell me how to make ST_LINK debugger connections with WL5?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
YBOUV.1
Senior

Hi @MKoca.1​ ,

If you want to debug, you need to set in sys_conf.h

#define DEBUGGER_ENABLED      1

#define LOW_POWER_DISABLE     1

let me know if this is ok for you

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Markus GIRDLAND
ST Employee

Hello there!

CubeMX doesn't have any debugging capability. It's made to generate code.

Can you find the MCU if you use the regular debugger in STM32CubeIDE? Or if you try to connect to the MCU through CubeProgrammer?

You can see the command line used by going to the debug configuration and you can find more information about how to connect to a remote GDB server by reading the ST-LINK GDB server manual (UM2576) and there's some additional information about the debug flow and how to set up STM32CubeIDE available in the STM32CubeIDE user guide (UM2609).

MKoca.1
Senior

Sorry for mis-explaining. Of course, I'm trying to debug CubeIde. I'm using an external ST_LINK debugger but I still haven't succeeded. I think I made the pin connections between Debugger and Board correctly, but I'm not entirely sure. I would be very grateful if you could help with this. @Markus GIRDLAND​ 

YBOUV.1
Senior

Hi @MKoca.1​ ,

If you want to debug, you need to set in sys_conf.h

#define DEBUGGER_ENABLED      1

#define LOW_POWER_DISABLE     1

let me know if this is ok for you

MKoca.1
Senior

@YBOUV.1​  Thank you for your answer. I did what you said. I still can't debug in CubeIDE. I was able to run the project in the "Application" folder in CubeProgrammer. But there is a problem, the HAL_Delay() function does not work. I solved this problem for now by putting a wait with a for loop.

@YBOUV.1​ I did what you said and now I can debug in CubeIDE. But there is something I don't understand. If I do LovePowerDisable 1 the system goes into sleep mode all the time. It says so in the description. I couldn't understand this part.