cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no Radio Rx timeout after the Radio.Rx function called?

ngodoanvan
Senior

Hi,

I create my new project follow the SubGHz Phy Ping Pong example project.

In the example project, the RTC configure in "Free running Binary mode". In my project, I configure the RTC in "Free running BCD calender mode" therefore no Radio Rx Timeout after the Radio.Rx() function called. Someone know how to fix this problem in RTC Free running BCD calender mode. My project below.

Please support me.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Yes, to false

Continuous mode is supposed to wait for actual data reception, when implemented properly the radio layer shouldn't be starting a timer. Also the timeouts are brute force, the receiver can be mid-packet and it will fire, and you'll lose that packet silently.

So yes, if you want non-continuous operation, with timeouts, set rxContinuous false.

Also remember when you're not listening for packets, you will miss them.

A walk of the radio stack is strongly recommended.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Don't use continuous mode?

Please explain more clearly. I don't understand

meaning set rxContinous to 0 ??

static void RadioSetRxConfig( RadioModems_t modem, uint32_t bandwidth,  uint32_t datarate, uint8_t coderate, uint32_t bandwidthAfc, uint16_t preambleLen, uint16_t symbTimeout, bool fixLen, uint8_t payloadLen, bool crcOn, bool FreqHopOn, uint8_t HopPeriod, bool iqInverted, bool rxContinuous );

Yes, to false

Continuous mode is supposed to wait for actual data reception, when implemented properly the radio layer shouldn't be starting a timer. Also the timeouts are brute force, the receiver can be mid-packet and it will fire, and you'll lose that packet silently.

So yes, if you want non-continuous operation, with timeouts, set rxContinuous false.

Also remember when you're not listening for packets, you will miss them.

A walk of the radio stack is strongly recommended.