cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No longer able to build projects from STM32CubeIDE.

HCohe.1
Associate III

I get the following error when I attempt to Build or Clean any project.

21:36:49 **** Build of configuration Debug for project BLE_HeartRate ****
make -j12 all 
"make -j12 all" terminated with exit code -1073741515. Build might be incomplete.

21:36:50 Build Finished. 0 errors, 0 warnings. (took 235ms)

This is now occurring on multiple projects that previously built. It initially occurred in STM32CubeIDE 1.10. I upgraded to 1.11 and also did a complete uninstall & reinstall. I then generated BLE_HeartRate for the STM32WB-DK board in a new workspace.

Are there any configuration files in hidden directories or in the Windows 11 Registry that could be corrupted?

4 REPLIES 4
HCohe.1
Associate III

It appears that this problem started when I imported a makefile project and set the Builder type to External Builder for that project. Somehow, the setting persisted globally and other projects in other workspaces are now set to External Builder. This includes the new BLE_HeartRate project that I generated after uninstalling & re-installing STM32CubeIDE.

So have you tried the internal builder instead?

HCohe.1
Associate III

Yes, switching to the internal builder resolves the issue. I assumed that it was the default configuration, but I now when I build, I see an info message, which I had not noticed previously, indicating that the internal builder is being used. So I have a working solution, but the root cause of the problem is still a mystery.

This is why I prefer the internal builder, it is more robust to various issues. Though, it has some bugs (for one, it skips post-build actions defined in the IDE.).

> "make -j12 all" terminated with exit code -1073741515

Maybe the make that CubeIDE runs with external builder is not it's own but something else on path