cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Most pragmatic way to use LoRaWAN middleware not in periodic, but event driven operation

surumadurum
Associate III

I have a burst sampling MCU application that wakes up via interrupt, samples, and should now signal a backend through LoRaWAN

The CubeMX skeleton spins up a whole system with sequencer, power mode management etc, which is - did I get this right? - built to wake up periodically on a duty cycle interval.

I assume this is probably giving you the best efficiency you can have, but is a bit overwhelming for me in comparison to Arduino-like LoRaWAN stacks which expose simple interfaces like Join, Send and a callback for Rx.

I am wondering what would be the most pragmatic way to get my application going without digging too deep in the middleware internals?

These are the options I was thinking of:

1. Switch to FreeRTOS, where examples suggest easier task combination. Unsure if Low Power Mode management will interfere
  2. Use dual-core STM32WL55x, running AT slave skeleton on the second core for a simple interface. Downside: I planned to target a Seeed E5-mini, which has a STM32WLE5x.
  3. Find a simple option for CubeMX app to send on interrupt events instead of periodic cycles.
0 REPLIES 0