cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LoRaWAN communication by I-CUBE-LRWAN

Krithika
Associate II

Hello all,

I am currently working on the different combinations of LoRa Wan and found out that I-Cube-LRWAN software expansion(https://www.st.com/en/embedded-software/i-cube-lrwan.html). For the stm32l476rg, I used the sx1262dvk1das and sx1276mb1mas and it's working fine as well connected to the gateway. Now I want to use the same software expansion I-Cube-LRWAN with the nucleo-f746 as base board and sx1262. But I am not getting any reference how to achieve it.  As I don't find any "mx " in I-Cube-LRWAN projects, I am unable to do create and port to new project it's showing many errors.

My queries were-

1. How to port I-Cube-LRWAN software expansion from nucleo-l4 series to nucleo-f7 series?

2. How to use I-Cube-LRWAN with new project?

3. Why there is no cube-mx for the examples?

I have been trying many examples and trying to find the solutions, but I am unable to get the solution.

Thanks & Regards,

Krithika. P

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
STTwo-32
ST Employee

Hello @Krithika 

1- There is no specific guide on how to do that. but it should be easy. You have to migrate the interfaces and make them compatible with what is available on your new HW. Also, take care of the internal settings (that should be almost the same).

2- You have to create a new project and add the I-Cube-lrwan to this project (manually since that is not possible using the CubeMX) so you can call his functions inside your projects.

3- Some of our Cube packages where elaborated time before the integration of CubeMX. So, there examples are not using the MX implementation. 

Best Regards.

STTwo-32

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Probably few examples as Semtech's library has it's own unique expectations which don't fit well with CubeMX / HAL model. ie RTC time-base, Low Power

Review the current code and how you integrate that with code/functionality you want to add.

Going to need coding and porting skills.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
STTwo-32
ST Employee

Hello @Krithika 

1- There is no specific guide on how to do that. but it should be easy. You have to migrate the interfaces and make them compatible with what is available on your new HW. Also, take care of the internal settings (that should be almost the same).

2- You have to create a new project and add the I-Cube-lrwan to this project (manually since that is not possible using the CubeMX) so you can call his functions inside your projects.

3- Some of our Cube packages where elaborated time before the integration of CubeMX. So, there examples are not using the MX implementation. 

Best Regards.

STTwo-32

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Thank you for the response, I will try to port and implement the library.

Thank you for the response Tesla, I will learn and port as required.

Hi,

As I-CUBE-LRWAN is having the RTC and some peripherals like  BSP, Utilities and all that depends on the Nucleo-L4 series does those all files works with changing to the Nucleo-F7 series. I am facing difficulty in finding all the related files. I am not understanding how to implement the LoRaWAN with the Nucleo-F7 series board. Is there any approach or can you please detail me the steps how to do and what to do prior.

Thanks and hoping for fast response.

Hello @Krithika 

You have to Migrate all the Files inclusion,... to those Compatible with the New Board specifications. There is no migration guide on this subject. You have to do it step by step.

Best Regards.

STTwo-32

I tried to understand the I-CUBE-LRWAN and tried to port the folders from Nucleo-L4 to Nucleo-F7 some folders like Drivers, Middleware and utilities, I have made few changes like porting the HAL drivers and BSP components. But in the applications as they were generated during the code, I am unable to make those settings during the configuration. I also went through the Nucleo-W55JC code as it is having cube Mx file. I noticed it is having the RTC tampers, SUB-GHz functions and several terminologies which seems to be absent in the Nucleo-F7. Whether this I-Cube-LRWAN library really works with other Nucleo -boards. Or is there any approach to exist the LoRaWAN communication with the Nucleo-F746ZG with sx1262 module.                               

Thank you in advance.

Not this library. But you need to create a new one referring to the implementation of this Library.

Best Regards.

STTwo-32 

Yes, I am doing step by step. I am understanding every folder and changing as per the new Nucleo. But few folders were bit typical to understand as those were generating during the Nucleo configuration I am unable to generate those.

I have included the Middleware files required for my board, I have changed the Drivers- BSP, CMSIS and HAL files from Nucleo-L4 to Nucleo-F7. But in the applications i noticed they were dependent to the configuration and I tried to notice the differences in the existing configurations and what I require to do. But few of the configurations like sub0gz and rtc those were absent in the nucleo-f7 without that is it possible to exist the lorawan? I am unable to get the procedure how to port and use the I-Cube-LRWAN for my new Nucleo. My main aim is to establish the LoRaWAN communication with the STM32F746ZG combined with the Sx1262. Is there any other approach or any other available resources to establish the LoRaWAN with Nucleos.

Thank you for Response and assist me if I my though process is wrong