cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JTAG interface available for the STM32WB5MMDK ?

Nour
Associate III

Good afternoon,

I am currently working with the STM32WB5MMDK. Upon verifying the documentations, I couldn't find any mention of a JTAG interface for debugging purposes.

I wanted to know if the JTAG pins can be used for programming and debugging as SWD pins.

Could you please confirm whether the JTAG interface is available for debugging on the STM32WB5MMDK?

Thank you,

Best regards

Nour

6 REPLIES 6
Andrew Neil
Evangelist III

@Nour wrote:

I wanted to know if the JTAG pins can be used for programming and debugging as SWD pins.

Not sure what you mean by that?

The SWD pins are available for SWD !

You could check the schematics to see if the other JTAG pins are available - as always, they are under 'CAD Resources' on the DK Product Page

Nour
Associate III

I am sorry, that was confusing. I meant that I want to use the JTAG interface for debugging but I can't see it on schematics, that's why I was asking because I thought that all boards had it ?

@Nour wrote:

I am sorry, that was confusing. I meant that I want to use the JTAG interface for debugging

Why particularly JTAG when SWD is available?

@Nour wrote:

I can't see it on schematics, 

Really? Just look for the relevant module pins ...

Nour
Associate III

I am sorry I accepted your post as an answer by mistake.

It's to communicate with another board basically.

Well, I might be wrong but I don't see the mention of "JTAG" anywhere...

@Nour wrote:

It's to communicate with another board basically.

Why does that require JTAG rather than SWD?

@Nour wrote:

Well, I might be wrong but I don't see the mention of "JTAG" anywhere...

Look at the pins:

AndrewNeil_0-1719319077158.png

STTwo-32
ST Employee

Hello @Nour 

As a short answer, the JTAG interface is available for debugging on the STM32WB5MM-DK. The JTAG on the STM32WB55VGY (MCU implemented on your DK board) is available using the Pins PA15, PA14, PA13, PB4 and PB3. Those pins are available on the different connectors of the STM32WB5MM-DK. So, you can use them as JTAG pins. For such information, you always need to refer to the datasheet of the used MCU first, then you go to check if they are available on board or not.

Best Regards. 

STTwo-32

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.