cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues migrating from stm32wb5mmg to stm32wb1mmc

KWOOJ
Associate III

Hello.

I have encountered an issue during the migration from STM32WB5MMG to STM32WB1MMC.

When I generate the default code using CubeMX with STM32WB1MMC, no errors occur. However, when I try to transfer the code I was using with STM32WB5MMG to STM32WB1MMC, errors arise. Of course i have undergone the migration from STM32WB5MMG to STM32WB1MMC.

Below, I'll outline my current situation.

During compilation with IAR, I ran into an error. 

KWOOJ_1-1711094633259.png

Upon checking the source size via the map file, it appears as follows:

KWOOJ_2-1711094662079.png

After examining the RAM size, it seems that the capacity of SRAM1 is less than 12K. I believe this shouldn't cause a compilation error.

KWOOJ_3-1711094691234.png

What actions can I take to address this issue?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
STTwo-32
ST Employee

Hello @KWOOJ 

The error message tells you that you have instructed the linker to put 0x4b30 bytes of data in a memory region of 0x2ff8 bytes which is not Possible. This error it may be due to the fact that the MCU on the STM32WB5MMG is featuring an SRAM1 of 64 or 192 Kbytes which is bigger than the 12 Kbytes on the MCU of the STM32WB1MMC. So, What I suggest you is to migrate your project from the STM32WB55 to the STM32WB15 referring to the specifications of the AN5805.

Best Regards.

STTwo-32

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
STTwo-32
ST Employee

Hello @KWOOJ 

The error message tells you that you have instructed the linker to put 0x4b30 bytes of data in a memory region of 0x2ff8 bytes which is not Possible. This error it may be due to the fact that the MCU on the STM32WB5MMG is featuring an SRAM1 of 64 or 192 Kbytes which is bigger than the 12 Kbytes on the MCU of the STM32WB1MMC. So, What I suggest you is to migrate your project from the STM32WB55 to the STM32WB15 referring to the specifications of the AN5805.

Best Regards.

STTwo-32

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

KWOOJ
Associate III

As a result of checking the SRAM structure and size of 'stm32wb5mmg' and 'stm32wb1mmc', I found that my code was not working properly due to its large size.

There are limits to reducing the size of the code, so I plan to use 'stm32wb5mmg' again first.

Thanks for your reply.