cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to scan as a central while establishing a connection to a peripheral?

daniel7043
Associate

Hi,

I have an STM32WB board that is working as a central device. I have several peripheral devices, each with an advertising interval of 10 seconds.

As a result, connecting to the devices can take quite some time. Is it possible to scan and receive advertising packets while attempting to connect to a peripheral?

When I try to use the command aci_gap_start_general_discovery_proc after executing aci_gap_create_connection, I receive the error 0x0C.

I also tried using the background scan feature, which can be enabled with aci_hal_write_config_data() (offset parameter 0xC1). However, according to PM0271, section 5.2.1, I'm not entirely sure if this use case aligns with my scenario: "As explained in the previous chapter, in a multi-role scenario, the STM32WB device has the opportunity to advertise, scan, and be connected at the same time with different remote devices."

I don't have a multi-role scenario, so I don't think this feature is appropriate.

If anyone has experience with scanning and connecting simultaneously, could you please share some information?

Thank you!

Best Regards,
Daniel

1 REPLY 1
Douglas MILLER
ST Employee

This post has been escalated to the ST Online Support Team for additional assistance. We'll contact you directly.