Hello,

Is CORE_CM0PLUS support FREERTOS ?

Thank you,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Louis AUDOLY
ST Employee

Hello,

When you start a cubeMX project in dual core, in the section middleware, you can notice the FREERTOS feature is only available for the CM4 cortex. So in our configuration you can't, but in theory you could, but you have to add code to adapt to this core.

In fact you could add user code in the CM0+. If your code is running and does not interact with the CM4, you can without any problem. If you want your code to interact with the code in the CM4, you can also, but the development have been done in a way that you need to define the communication between the functions of the two cores thanks to a controller to communicate between the two cores (IPCC).

So in this case this is a bit more difficult to implement but it's possible.

You can refer to AN5480 in the section 12 . Dual Core Management, it explain how works the communication process thanks to a mailbox multiplexer.

I hope it helps !

Regards

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
TDK
Guru

The M0+ core on the STM32WL can't be used for user code.

But in theory, yes, an M0+ core can run FreeRTOS.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

Hello TDK,

Why you say it cannot be used for user code?

what kind of application are used in CM0+ ?

Louis AUDOLY
ST Employee

Hello,

When you start a cubeMX project in dual core, in the section middleware, you can notice the FREERTOS feature is only available for the CM4 cortex. So in our configuration you can't, but in theory you could, but you have to add code to adapt to this core.

In fact you could add user code in the CM0+. If your code is running and does not interact with the CM4, you can without any problem. If you want your code to interact with the code in the CM4, you can also, but the development have been done in a way that you need to define the communication between the functions of the two cores thanks to a controller to communicate between the two cores (IPCC).

So in this case this is a bit more difficult to implement but it's possible.

You can refer to AN5480 in the section 12 . Dual Core Management, it explain how works the communication process thanks to a mailbox multiplexer.

I hope it helps !

Regards

malarab
Senior II

Hello LUDO,

yes, i have already configure the IPCC to communicate between tow cores,

to implement freeRTOS in CM0+ i suppose it should be work using potable/GCC/ARM_CM0 ? because i can not find a specific port for CM0+.

is it ?

Thank's