cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have problem with UsageFault_Handler occurance. I have build beacon project that is advertising adc data every second and then go to sleep mode. After some time processor stop and go to fault. It happens random time after start. When go to sleep mode

KPrzy.1
Associate II

is disabled problem dissappear. When fault accured thread shows 0x2, 0xffffffe9, 0xf000af00, adresses jumps. Fault Analyze tool shows sp (MSP) at 0x2002ff30, pc at 0x2, xpsr at 0x2, r1-r3 at 0x2, r12 at 0x3, mmfar at 0xe00, usage fault details attemt to switch to invalide state (INSTATE), hard fault details shows bus, memory management or usage fault (FORCED)

2 REPLIES 2
KPrzy.1
Associate II

I did more investigations of the problem and it looks like removing floating point unit calculations that are packed as uint8_t advertising data packets and replacing them with fixed points do not trigger a fault any more. I did test for the weekend and no errors occured. Is there any timing dependance between run->offMode(sequenceser deciding whether it is sleep, stop or standby) implemented using tiny_lpm sequencer and floating point unit? For me it looks like there is an issue when adverting packet is requested by hci command and floating point unit is in between and processor is sleeped by idle task.

I kindly ask this example because I'm looking for a FW a similar application.

Best regards