cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have gone through the course pre-requisites but have some queries. I cannot communicate to the STM32WL55 via comm port which is preventing me from making progress ahead of the course. Full details listed below, many thanks in advance for you support.

JAshl.1
Associate

I have started to go through the course pre-requisites and am familiarising myself with the kit and feeling much more confident, particularly as I have the gateway setup on TTN an seeing the L073RZ dev board ping in. I am still going through the prerequisites for the course but have run into a few problems, I was wondering if you could help ahead of the course as it seems important that I get to complete all the sections ahead of the course please?

Using the UM2587 getting started guide, I have a few queries on the below sections,

1.    OK

2.    OK

3.    OK but could you confirm what I need to install please as the guide states to run “demonstration application�? PG 6 section 5.1 of UM2592. I cannot communicate with the STM32WL55 (I can’t send commands), although it does report back correctly after a reset on the serial port terminal.

4.    OK but (currently using putty with setting of, 115200 8N1) but this does not work for communicating with the L073RZ dev board. I assume comms ok as port16 and the portable device is shown. It is seen by the gateway pinging in on TTN dashboard just indicating when last seen when the green LED on the nucleo board flashes. Assume this is not required as we will be using STM32WL55.

5.    OK

6.    UM2587 guide OK up to gateway on TTN. Gateway registered OK, but looking at 32WL for registration when I can set the device up, I assume that I will need to setup either L073RZ or STM32WL55 both of which I cannot communicate with described earlier.

7.    No idea what this means – could you provide more detail please

8.    No idea what this means – could you provide more detail please

2 REPLIES 2
Bartosz BORYNA
ST Employee

​We will NOT use Nucleo-STM32L073 + I-NUCLEO-LRWAN1 boards (part of P-NUCLEO-LRWAN2 gateway kit) during STM32WL workshop. Document describing the session setup, this is 0_STM32WL_WS_prerequisites.pdf. Considering Lorawan environment, the recommended setup is given in pre-requisites in section 8 (Loriot backend, not the TTN), required steps you can find in folder Tutorials of STM32WL workshop repository: Loriot_server_setup_v1.1.pdf. Board we will focus on during the workshop, this is Nucleo-STM32WL55JC.

I've sent to you invitation for help-me session (at day before an event 29th of March).

JAshl.1
Associate

Hi Bartosz, thanks for getting back to me. I have a session ahead of the course so I am hoping that this will clear up the differences between what I pre-requisite work I have done compared to what actually is required.

I fully understand the Nucleo-STM32L073 + I-NUCLEO-LRWAN1 not being used (I was just stating this as it it happily communicating with the gateway to give an idea that my problems lie with the Nucleo-STM32WL55JC rather than the gateway).

It looks like I am getting feedback in part on what I should be doing in terms of installation from microsupport europe <microsupport.europe@st.com>, so I am hoping this will resolve the situation.

Many thanks for getting back to me quickly