cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to setup a VIRTUAL COM communication on USB port without STLINK

PATRICK COMBETTE
Associate II

Hello everyone,

I'm new here, but already made a few developpment on a ST32F7 chip, but now have a question about USB and virtual COM.

Is it possible to use the second USB port of the NUCLEO board to make a virtual COM and manage communication with a PC ? I mean, without using STLINK USB port.

If so, could you please explain how to do that, and if there are some example and application notes I can find ?

Hoping someone may help me and give some recommendations.

Have a nice day,

Kindly

Patrick

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Petr DAVID
ST Employee

Hello Patrick,

I would like to welcome you to the ST community. Yeah it is not a problem to connect other USB connector on STM32WB55 nucleo and communicate with computer. You are looking for example called CDC_Standalone which can be found in the STM32CubeWB FW package. Further information how to set it up could be found in our video tutorial on this topic MOOC - STM32 USB training . Please click on Select as Best next to my answer if you will find this materials helpful.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Petr DAVID
ST Employee

Hello Patrick,

I would like to welcome you to the ST community. Yeah it is not a problem to connect other USB connector on STM32WB55 nucleo and communicate with computer. You are looking for example called CDC_Standalone which can be found in the STM32CubeWB FW package. Further information how to set it up could be found in our video tutorial on this topic MOOC - STM32 USB training . Please click on Select as Best next to my answer if you will find this materials helpful.

Hello Petr,

THank's a lot for your answer, this is exactly what I was looking for !

In fact, I couldn't find such an example because I was looking only in the Examples folders, not in the Applications one...

I tested it and also followed the MOOC you suggested.

All is right for me now on this topic.

Have a nice day, and than's again !

Patrick