cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to receive data from STM32WB55 on PC via BLE

ZWH.1
Associate II

Hi!

I am using STM32WB to build a project and transfer data by BLE. I have tried with MATLAB to receive the data. But sometimes, MATLAB runs really slow,. Then some data are missed. Is there any software which I can use to collect my data. I need to update my data every 200 us by BLE.

Best regards

4 REPLIES 4
Remi QUINTIN
ST Employee

What type of data do you want your PC to read from your WB55 device? Maybe your use case is already covered by one of the SIG (standard) profiles. SIG profiles are generic, standardized profiles that could be used if your PC has a dedicated application to get access and use them whatever the peripheral device offering those services. WB is already supporting some of those SIG profiles like "heart rate".

I expect your PC to work as a central (client) device only, scanning its environment to check what are the BLE peripherals around before requesting to connect to them. In that case your WB55 device must be a peripheral (server) .

To be able for the PC to receive data from the WB55, both devices must be connected and agree on services they would offer/use.

Regarding your use case, I think you will have to develop your own application on your PC based on the "Cable replacement" project that would run on the WB device.

Remi QUINTIN
ST Employee

The attached picture details the SIG profiles supported by the WB.

Scott Löhr
Senior II

It sounds like you already are receiving data on the PC via BLE, almost surely by starting with the ST sample app that does just that. You obviously must add your own additional formatting, like comma separating and probably adding a periodic time stamp.

So it seems that your issue is robustness and timeliness of receiving serial port data on the PC?

If using a terminal like Br@y or Tera Term and dumping the received data to a log file that you then open with Matlab is not robust enough, then it seems like you are stuck having to implement your own serial port data handling app on the PC with Visual C++ or Python.

It is really difficult to understand. is there any good example to send row data to PC?