cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to I fix STM32CubeProgrammer No STM32 Target Found after Programming Nucleo Pack MB1355C board?

dhillier
Associate II

I have an STM32WB55 Nucleo Pack and i thought i'd try out the BLE heartbeat monitor example on the MB1355C board, so i opened up the STM32CubeProgrammer, put the power selector to USB STL and could connect ok.

I Selected the hex file for the heartbeat monitor example and used the Automatic option to try to write it to the board. It said it finished writing to board N:1, connect board N:2 and hung. So i disconnected the board and plugged it back in and i noticed not much was happening, and i couldn't see the bluetooth device using my phone, so i tried to connect it back to the STM32CubeProgrammer and i noticed it would no longer connect.

If i open the cube programmer, and select "Firmware Upgrade" no device appears. However, if i click the button that says "Open in Update Mode" the board resets, device information appears and i can upgrade the firmware.

The board still mounts like a drive and i can still drag files into the drive which magically disappear after the board is reset.

Can anyone point out where i went wrong, and how do i fix it.

Thanks.

23 REPLIES 23

OK, thanks.

Not applicable

Hi.

I am using a cube programmer to flash the STM32H723ZG controller. I am using the boot_0 pin to put the controller in boot mode. Before putting it in boot mode I have the application code printing out serial input at UART3 RX to TX. i.e if I send a byte from the serial terminal to the STM PD9 pin which is UART RX, STM will echo that byte on UART TX pin PD8. PD9 and PD8 can be used to flash in UART boot mode.

On connecting with the cube programmer I am getting the below error message

Error: Activating device: KO. Please, verify the boot mode configuration and check the serial port configuration. Reset your device then try again...

Post link deleted to adhere community guidelines.

NTeuw.1
Associate

thanks @dhillier​ that's work for me.

thank you