cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to establish a BLE MESH and can control by the APP or PC?

Cooper_WJH
Associate II

Hi,

I want to use BLE mesh to reach my application, the requirements below.

1. I have a root node and need to send the custom data to each client node and need to read the status from the client nodes.
  2. The client nodes don't need to communicate with each other.
  3. The client nodes need to send back the custom data to the root node regularly.
  4. The user can use a Mobile APP to control the mesh network or through the root node by PC.
  5. The root node can be removed when the mesh network is established and finished configure each client node. If needed, the root node can rejoin the network.

Based on the above needs, are there any related projects that can be referred to?

Please help me and give the suggestions.
Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5
STTwo-32
ST Employee

Hello @Cooper_WJH and welcome to the ST Community 😊.

I suggest you refer to:

Best Regards.

STTwo-32

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Hi @STTwo-32 

Thanks for your reply. I'm studying the AN5292 now.

Based on my needs, which model sample code is suggested to modify to fit the request? Vendor model is OK?

If using the vendor model, which files need to be modified? or have any need to be attention?

I suggest you first to look at one of those 3 examples from the same Firmware:

STTwo32_0-1719403993305.png

and do the necessary modification to adapt it to your needs. If you are looking for a support dedicated to this special use case, you can contact one of our local FAEs that can guarantee a dedicated support for the details of your use case.

Best Regards.

STTwo-32

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

@STTwo-32 

I have started using the "BLE_MeshLightingPRFNode" example test with the "ST BLE MESH" APP.

And I want to try to use the "data in" & "data out" characteristics in GATT "provisioning service" & "proxy service" to control the mesh network and trace the interaction in the code.

However, I cannot find any documentation or examples about how to use these services, like the data or packet format for writing the data to the specific node to control, etc.

Is there any example or guideline about these?

Hello @Cooper_WJH 

This is a new question. I suggest you select a best answer for this post and open a new one and add more details about your use case and what exactly you need so the community members may help you.

Best Regards.

STTwo-32