cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change the default timeout(10 seconds) of ACI_GAP_START_GENERAL_DISCOVERY_PROC event?

Shubham Trivedi
Associate III

I have successfully configuration P-NULCEO-WB55 as central(beacon observer) device using \STM32Cube_FW_WB_V1.4.0\Projects\P-NUCLEO-WB55.Nucleo\Applications\BLE\BLE_p2pClient example. ACI_GAP_START_GENERAL_DISCOVERY_PROC event ends after 10 seconds. Is there any way to reduce this 10 seconds time?

12 REPLIES 12
Aishwarya
Associate III

@Shubham Trivedi​ 

problem statement- need continuous scanning until device is not connected to the server for this, start scanning using function aci_gap_start_general_discovery_proc(0x320, 0x320, 0X00, 1) who stop scanning process after 10.25 seconds, to restart general scanning process if device is not connected with server call function aci_gap_start_general_discovery_proc() again but -

• In second time aci_gap_start_general_discovery_proc() return status ERR_NOT_ALLOW .
  • For this call function to terminate previous discovery process call function aci_gap_terminate_pro(0x02) .
  • but aci_gap_terminate_pro() function returns status ERR_NOT_ALLOW .

Problem Is Solved -

call Scan_Request() function in SVCCTL_UserEvtFlowStatus_t SVCCTL_App_Notification( void *pckt ) EVT_BLUE_GAP_PROCEDURE_COMPLETE case .

In this program control not return to the case EVT_BLUE_GAP_PROCEDURE_COMPLETE if device is disconnected with sever.

@Aish , your understanding is correct, any connected procedure is assumed to be terminated if a disconnection happens in between. Do you get the DISCONNECTED event when the aci_gap_start_general_discovery_proc is running ?

Aptex96
Associate

Hi, 
I want to use my NECLEOWB55 as a central scanning device, I am setting the WPAN configuration as P2P server client mode. in the Scan_Request function I am getting 0x00 out of the  aci_gap_start_general_discovry_proc() function now how I can get the scanning result. and how to deal with the aci_gap_complete_event is this a function that require parameters and is there any examples of using this function ?