cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fail to download code to the STM32WB55RG board using ST-link on STM32CubeIDE

MLy.1
Associate II

Hi,

Bought a new STM32WB55RG development board, created a sample code on STM32CubeIDE V1.12.1, compile good in IDE. ( using Windows 10)

But when download to the board by click the RUN button, it will pop up Error screen - The exception unknown software exception (0x40000015) occurred in the application at location 0x00000000000482646.

Created another example code, it had the same issue..

The board connect OK to Windows PC USB. I try another code and run on Keil, it does able to download. So I think the board itself is good, only the setting of the CubeIDE issue.

USB cable is only 2 feet long.

Thanks idea of to fix it?

thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
MLy.1
Associate II

HI

Finally found this is a Windows issue. I tried on 3 PC, first 2 failed with the exact same error. The 3rd Windows PC works good. They are both 64 bit Windows 10. Don't know how to fix but I have to use the 3rd PC to work for it.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Wijeden RHIMI
ST Employee

Hello @MLy.1

Could you please provide us a screenshot of debug configuration ?

Thanks,

Wijeden.

MLy.1
Associate II

Hi Wijeden,

Here is the debugger setting screen and the jumpers setting on the board.

Thanks!

Martin

MLy.1
Associate II

MLy.1
Associate II

If I press "scan" button in the debugger setting, it will show the same error. Then show "fail to list debug probes" . Is that mean the port of the board is dead?

MLy.1
Associate II

However, if I download code from Keil, the LED6 on the board will blink green & red and then download done. That also mean the USB port is good.

So I am confused.

Is that mean the setting of the CubeIDE has something wrong?

Thanks!

Remy ISSALYS
ST Employee

Hello,

You can have a look to examples available in STM32CubeWB package and compare the setting with your project.

Best Regards

MLy.1
Associate II

HI

Finally found this is a Windows issue. I tried on 3 PC, first 2 failed with the exact same error. The 3rd Windows PC works good. They are both 64 bit Windows 10. Don't know how to fix but I have to use the 3rd PC to work for it.

Thanks!