cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in STM32 Cube IDE on Nucleo F746ZG Target no device found Error in initializing ST-LINK device. Reason: No device found on target.

Italo
Associate II

I am flashing a developed code on a Nucleo F746ZG on STM Cube IDE

The board is taken from the "STM32 Nucleo Pack: LoRa LF band sensor and gataway"

When I start the debug mode, this error message appears:

Target no device found

Error in initializing ST-LINK device.

Reason: No device found on target.

I am using Ubuntu Linux 20.04

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Foued_KH
ST Employee

Hello @Italo​ ,

Please check that the jumpers are correct on your board, especially the one for the ST-LINK.

Then, try to connect your board with ST-LINK Utility or STM32CubeProgrammer.

In the ST-LINK configuration area, try the following configuration:

Serial number: Refresh to get your ST-LINK serial

Mode: Under reset

Reset mode: Core reset

Finally, try to connect your board.

I hope this helps. 

Foued

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Foued_KH
ST Employee

Hello @Italo​ ,

Please check that the jumpers are correct on your board, especially the one for the ST-LINK.

Then, try to connect your board with ST-LINK Utility or STM32CubeProgrammer.

In the ST-LINK configuration area, try the following configuration:

Serial number: Refresh to get your ST-LINK serial

Mode: Under reset

Reset mode: Core reset

Finally, try to connect your board.

I hope this helps. 

Foued

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Italo
Associate II

Yes, using the jumper on JP4 solved the problem, since it sets the Vin on PC connection, instead of E5V or extVin of jumpers 3 and 5.

Now another issue occurs, since in my Demo I need to establish a USART connection between my board and ROS1. The python code I run in ROS environment is in the package "rosserial_python" and it is called "serial_node.py". I followed this guide ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cq0HmKrIOt8 ) which worked on F401RE only, but not on the F746ZG. Every time subscribers/publishers cannot work since the following error appears:

Unable to sync with device; possible link problem or link software version mismatch such as hydro rosserial_python with groovy Arduino

The package is this https://github.com/yoneken/rosserial_stm32

Thank you for your time and kindness

If this solves your problem, please mark my answer as "Best Answer" by clicking on the "Select as Best" button, this can be helpful for Community users to find this solution faster. 

Could you please open a new thread and post your question.

Foued

Probably the F746ZG NUCLEO uses a different USART to connect with the CDC/VCP​

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

Ok, I'll do it

Even by setting USART 2, it doesn't work