cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error during flashing in STM32WB55RG

mmed
Associate III

Hi,

I tried to flash to the STM32WB55RG .. I am using a USB type microB connector for the flashing connected to Connector 15 (CN15) of the nucleo card (the jumper JP1 is connected to pin [7-8] and the two leds LED6 and LED5 are red) and I am using IAR .. I downloaded the STM32Cube_FW_WB_V1.9.0 from ST site and tried to flash a project among the examples already developed and proposed. But, I always had the following error:

(ST-Link, no MCU device found)

Note that the debuger in IAR is well configured in ST-Link .. Following my research, I found that 'there are solutions which suggest doing the Reset just before flashing, but it didn't work .. I downloaded ST-Link utility from the ST site .. and I tried to connect to the card to this software, but still unsuccessful .. Here is the error message from ST utility:

(19:54:24: Can not connect to target!

If you're trying to connect to an STM32W1xx device, please select Normal or HotPlug mode from Target-> Settings menu.

If you're trying to connect to a low frequency application, please select a lower SWD Frequency mode from Target-> Settings menu.)

Note that in the settings of ST-Lin utility, it has successfully retrieved the SN of the USB type connector microB connector of ST-LINK / V2-1 and that the mode is "Connects under reset" .. solutions on the net propose to make a "full chip erase" just after a reset but always the error message is displayed. .. I also downloaded a project from STM32Cubemx with no special configuration and tried to flash it with IAR and also with Keil .. but still the error (ST-Link, no MCU device found) .. during all the tests, I tried with two different type microB connector of ST-LINK / V2-1 cables .. I am looking for a solution for that .. thank you for helping ..

18 REPLIES 18
mmed
Associate III

Note that i'm using SB type microB connector (ST-Link)

Remi QUINTIN
ST Employee

​Looking more carefully at the picture of your Nucleo board, I can see that all jumpers from JP5 are removed while there are all set on my nucleo bioard except the last one GND.

So you have the exact opposite configuration on JP5 vs mine. Check this point.

Scott Löhr
Senior II

Out of the box, everything works. So if I were you, @mmed​ , I would get a new, un-opened, STM32WB Nucleo dev kit, open it and handle it carefully so as not to zap it with static, and connect it with a new USB cable in order to get to a sane point of something working.

Remi QUINTIN
ST Employee

​Moreover, the shield over the WB chip seems to be a very old version.  There should be some information printed on it.

Where did you get this board? I would recommend also to try with another newer board.

mmed
Associate III

Hi ..

Finally I was able to flash!!

In fact, a jumper in JP2 is missing! .. It is not indicated in Datasheet that there is a link between flashing with ST-Link and JP2. By chance, I activated JP2 and now the flashing works well !!

Hi @Remi QUINTIN​ ,

In fact, all jumpers of JP5 are connected! If you loook carefully, they are dark blue

Remi QUINTIN
ST Employee

​gosh!! I missed it. Inded you would not need this jumper when flashing the board via the user USB port.

Scott Löhr
Senior II

Yup...

Cezar
Associate II

@Remi QUINTIN​ 

you have to set nSWboot0=0 nboot1=1 nboot0=1

At this stage (target not responding) I'm not sure how would you set those flash registers?

Not sure if I bricked it or zapped it, but it fails to flash (st-link doesn't work, USB doesn't work)...

08:48:52 : ST-LINK FW : V2J37M26
08:48:52 : Board : P-NUCLEO-WB55
08:48:52 : Voltage : 3.21V
08:48:52 : Error: No STM32 target found!

It worked out-of-the-box, I tried to flash an example and then ... just silence.

Is it possible to brick it? If so, can I unbrick it? :D

L.E:

0693W000005BPCTQA4.pngI just checked and the NRST, SWCLK and SWDIO on STM32WB55 pins (removed the rf shield). With other STM32 chips when under the reset the MCU was recoverable no matter the user settings was for the GPIOs.

Thanks