cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does the STM32WLEx have the SX126 built in? I have a LoRa-E5 module, and wondered what the difference is. Many Thanks Scott

Scott Dev
Senior

6 REPLIES 6
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

The STM32WLE contains a licensed IP from Semtech, but no SX126x. The reference manual RM0453 RM0461 (see below) lists all the features of the contained LoRa® part.

Regards

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

The implementation is done on a single die, rather than a stacked die using a discreet SX126x.

The connection is via an internally routed SPI.

The register set/programming for LoRa should be materially the same as for an SX1262​

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Strooom
Associate III

Hello @Peter BENSCH​  I think the reference manual for the STM32WLE is RM0461.

The RM0453 you mention is for the SMT32WL family.

Thank you for pointing that out, I had actually mixed it up by mistake. Yes, RM0461 is the correct reference manual for the STM32WLE.

Regards

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

The linked document indicates it was from Jan 2023, so is going to be different to the one Peter posted originally in Feb 2022

I would agree with that this March 2023 document for the STM32WLEx is currently more appropriate.

https://www.st.com/resource/en/reference_manual/rm0461-stm32wlex-advanced-armbased-32bit-mcus-with-subghz-radio-solution-stmicroelectronics.pdf

Document still does state which Semtech IP it is modelled after.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

You are welcome. If you have experience with the STM32WLE, please take a look at my problem STM32WLE5 'Failure To Execute Command' - I read the reference manual and search the forum, but I can't find an answer to this..