zhangtinglu
Associate III

Does stm32wb support homekit?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Amel NASRI
ST Employee

Hello,

Please note that ST HomeKit package has been cancelled. This is said, the public (evaluation) version of the ADK from Apple’s GitHub repository is still available and can be used for prototyping even though ST will not be providing pre-ported and pre-certified reference implementations.

Sorry for any inconvenience this will create for you.

-Amel

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
Remi QUINTIN
ST Employee

Do you mean the HomeKit ecosystem from Apple for connected home appliances?

You can design any devices dedicated to the connected home.

For HomeKit, the support is on-going. The target is to get it certified by beginning next year. 

Note that ST will never deliver HomeKit as part of the CubeWB FW package as it required a specific license.

We will only deliver a generic example.

If you want to design HomeKit compliant devices, you should contact Apple directly.

zhangtinglu
Associate III

Hi Remi,

Thanks for your prompt feedback!

I understand the Homekit required a specific license from Apple, what I need is the generic example you mentioned below. so when and where can I get from? thanks.

Remi QUINTIN
ST Employee

​Hi

Beginning of next year around February. .. if all goes well.

Hi are there any news on that?

Remi QUINTIN
ST Employee

​No news. At least it is not part of our main activity and so it is not part of the CubeWB FW V1.5.0 package released this week.

Remi QUINTIN
ST Employee

​Just got this info: X-CUBE-HOMEKIT 1.0.0 planned for 20w18. the next release 1.1.0 is planned for 20w24.

I belive 20w18 passed long time ago and I can't see this package anywhere

Remi QUINTIN
ST Employee

The X-CUBE-HOMEKIT package is available on request.

But for now, this package is only available for internal usage due to license and is subject to export control.

The customer has to sign some license management that grants access to the Apple iAP package.

Please go to your local ST sales to get it. I dont know the way you can get it officially.

ChrisH
Associate III

Thanks for info I thought that you developed generic example mentioned before. From what I've seen Apple released open source implementation available without any NDA or other agreements. I was thinking you adapted this code to work with STM32WB series. https://github.com/apple/HomeKitADK