cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference OTA procedure STM32CubeMonitorRF vs ST BLE Sensor app

thealbertdev
Associate III

Hi! :waving_hand:

I have programmed a STM32WB5MMG with the SBSFU + OTA + User app. The SBSFU is able to start the user app with no problem, and the user app is able to start the OTA app.

The problem comes when starting the update process. With STM32CubeMonitorRF there is no problem: the device is updated to the new version of the user app. However, when the operation is performed with the ST BLE Sensor app (iOS), the image is sent (100%), but the OTA does not restart to install the new user app and the 100% message does not disappear from the mobile app.

With the normal OTA (without SBSU) I have been able to update the versions of the user app with the mobile application.

My question is if STM32CubeMonitorRF and the mobile application ST BLE Sensor manage differently the OTA procedure (if so, to know these differences to be able to implement them in our mobile application where the updates will be done in production), or if it is a bug of the mobile app when managing sfb files.

Best regards and thanks for your time.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
thealbertdev
Associate III

I've been able to "steal" an Android to a colleague and I've been able to verify that with the Android version OTA works properly. It is the iOS version that does not work.

I close the thread and move the issue to the GitHub repository.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
thealbertdev
Associate III

I've been able to "steal" an Android to a colleague and I've been able to verify that with the Android version OTA works properly. It is the iOS version that does not work.

I close the thread and move the issue to the GitHub repository.