cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data on table 3 and 4 on AN5568 "Ultra-low-power features of STM32WL Series microcontrollers"

CSale.1
Associate

What is the meaning of the time data in last 4 columns in table 3 ("Stop 2 versus Standby gain, function of Tx interval time") and 4 ("Stop 1 versus Stop 2 gain, function of Tx interval time") of AN5568? What is the meaning of different percentages (1%, 5%, 10%, 20%)?

Thank you very much!

1 REPLY 1
Louis AUDOLY
ST Employee

Hello @CSale.1​ and welcome to the community !

Theses tables give you the consumption gain in % when you change from one low power mode to another.

The values in the 1%, 5%, 10% and 20% columns represent the periodicity of the Tx.

For example, if I take the first line of table 3 ie a High Power 22dBm emission of 1.48 seconds repeated every :

- 37 minutes in STOP2 gives a power saving of 1% if we switch the low power mode to STANDBY

- 13h 15 minutes in STOP2 gives a power saving of 20% if you switch the low power mode to STANDBY

This show that if you switch to a power mode with a lower consumption, you will have a big difference if you do not transmit too often.

Then to summarize those two tables, you can see there is a bigger difference of consumption between stop1 and stop2 than between stop2 and standby.

I hope I helped you

Regards

Louis