cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CubeMonitor-RF com port is not able to connect

YJ99
Associate II

Hi Community,

I tried to connect and use 802.15.4 sniffer function from CubeMonitor-RF app. I stopped at the very first step. Once I opened the CubeMonitor-RF program, it said I need to install wireshark, after install the wireshark, the warning message is not changed. What should I do? Also I know how to install the binary stm32wb5x_Mac_802_15_4_fw.bin into the M0 core, however, how I can install the binary Mac_802_15_4_Sniffer.bin? There is no information about the start address for this binary. Do we have to use FUS to install this binary? When I tried to this install with FUS, it failed.

How I install the "pyserial?" I am lost how to do this. 

Thanks in advance,

YJ

12 REPLIES 12
VictorD
ST Employee

Hello @YJ99,

Regarding the issue with your software installation, could you please confirm if the Wireshark executable file has been added to your system's environment variable path ?

Best regards,

Victor

Hi @VictorD 

thanks for the information. Yes, I added the path of wireshart.exe to the system variable path and my variable path in environment setting. Now the Wireshark is turned back to black color. I still have two missing pieces. 

One is the No sniffer device found. I did install the stm32wb5x_Mac_802_15_4_fw.bin into the P-Nucleo-WB55 board with FUS by CubeProgrammer with correct start address. It was successful. The other bin file, Mac_802_15_4_Sniffer.bin with start address 0x08000000 at Erasing and Programming in CubeProgrammer. It was done quickly.

The other one is about the file copying. I did as it specified, but it is sill red color. I don't know what to do.

Is there a way to find out why this happens?

thanks in advance,

YJ

YJ99_0-1715774230191.pngYJ99_1-1715774304375.png

Hello @YJ99,

Regarding the file copying issue, this is not a problem. The indicator remains red even when everything is operational.

Here is the step-by-step method I used to program the WB:

• Initially, you should use the ST-Link USB port.
  • Connect the board to CubeProgrammer, then perform a full chip erase.
  • Navigate to the FUS section and start FUS.
  • Proceed with the firmware upgrade using the M0 file (this should automatically switch the address to 0x080E1000).
  • Ensure that 'verify download/start after upgrade' is checked.
  • Start FUS again.
  • Perform the firmware upgrade for the M4 file (you will need to change the address to 0x08000000).
  • Make sure 'verify download/start after upgrade' is checked.
  • An error may occur, stating "Error: FUS_STATE_ERR_UNKNOWN: unknown error."
  • Disconnect the board.
  • Switch the micro-USB from ST-Link to USB_USER.
  • Move JP1 from USB STL to USB MCU.

This process was completed using version 2.16.0 of CubeProgrammer, binary files from WB cubefw 1.19 and CubeMonitor RF v2.14.

Best Regards,
Victor