cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Could you please advice me with mesh network ?

Gz
Senior

Hello All;

I would like to know about mesh network with STM32wb. Now I know about relay node, friend node, low power node, proxy node but I don't know about provisioner node. I can't make my project with example in firmware 1.10.0. It's unsuccessful. Could you please advice me?

regard.

15 REPLIES 15

Hi @EMECH​ 

Thank you for your advice.

Best regards.

DEdwi.1
Associate II

If you really don't want the phone to do the provisioning, the only real solution would be to wait for the ST implementation of remote provisioning, this will enable you to provision the entire 500 nodes from a single stationary provisioner.

As @EMECH​ says, the spec is not ready but early implementations are already available and you should press your ST contact for this release. This stationary provisioner can be the gateway node for the mesh, I would however prepare for this eventual remote provisioning solution by provsioning the nodes by phone and work on managing the JSON file describing the mesh network so you are ready when ST releases the remote provisioning solution.

EMECH
ST Employee

Hi,

As you know ST Microelectronics is an Associate member of the Bluetooth SIG, all our Bluetooth products must be qualified by the Bluetooth SIG and then we cannot give any "early implementations" before any Bluetooth SIG specification release and Bluetooth SIG qualification.

Best regards.

Hi @DEdwi.1​ ;

Thank you for your advice.

Best regards.

DEdwi.1
Associate II

As @EMECH (ST Employee)​ says, this is correct.

The remote provisioning specification should first be agreed at the SIG and then an IOP (IOPs more likely) done to verify that this works according to specification, then the specification is released. Typically most BT associate companies will try to release their implementation(typically with enough tests to provide evidence of qualification) at the time of the specification release.

Companies that are already associate or have good relationships can negotiate for early releases typically under NDA, however for most of the customer base we have to wait for a public release, so we have to wait.

Hi @DEdwi.1

I noticed the "remote provisioning" specification that you mentioned. Is this function available now?

Best regards.