cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connect BLE on B-U585I-IOT02A Board

maxwellfite
Associate III

Hello,

I have flashed the FUS and wireless stack to my B-U585I-IOT02A. However, there are no tutorials on how to set up a simple BLE app with the STBLE Toolbox with this specific board. All of the examples are built for different boards, as listed on this webpage. Does anyone have a small tutorial for how I can setup my STMCubeIDE environment to build a small BLE app to send simple sensor data from my B-U585I-IOT02A to the STBLE Toolbox or something else?

Thank you in advance!

10 REPLIES 10
STTwo-32
ST Employee

Hello @maxwellfite,

I suggest you start from this example and try to adapt it to your needs.

Don't forget to read the readme file of the programme.

Best Regards.

STTwo-32 

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

maxwellfite
Associate III

Thank you for the quick response. However, when I build the project in the STMCubeIDE, I get the following error:

fatal error: stm32u5xx_hal.h: No such file or directory

Where should I get that file?

maxwellfite
Associate III

If I change the stm32u5xx_hal_conf.h to stm32u5xx_hal.h, I then get the error below:

fatal error: stm32u5xx_hal_rcc.h: No such file or directory

@STTwo-32, why is the implementation missing files and having me change file names?

maxwellfite
Associate III

@STTwo-32, I was able to copy the files from 

https://github.com/STMicroelectronics/stm32u5xx_hal_driver/tree/f1946d68701260860cdb5eae9f7bc5c3ff7f1cd1 

to include, the necessary files. However, now I am receiving the error below:

fatal error: stm32u5xx.h: No such file or directory

Any suggestions? 

maxwellfite
Associate III

@STTwo-32, I was able to import all of the necessary files. However, now I am receiving the following build errors:. 

14:34:08 **** Build of configuration Debug for project BLE_AT_Client ****
make -j12 all 
arm-none-eabi-gcc "C:/Users/maxwe/github_repos/STM32CubeU5/Projects/B-U585I-IOT02A/Applications/BLE/BLE_AT_Client/Src/ble_at_appli.c" -mcpu=cortex-m33 -std=gnu11 -g3 -DDEBUG -DSTM32U585xx -DUSE_HAL_DRIVER -DUSE_B_U585I_IOT02A -c -I../../Inc -I../../../../../../../Drivers/CMSIS/Include -I../../../../../../../Drivers/CMSIS/Device/ST/STM32U5xx/Include -I../../../../../../../Drivers/STM32U5xx_HAL_Driver/Inc -I../../../../../../../Drivers/BSP/B-U585I-IOT02A -I../../../../../../../Drivers/BSP/Components/Common -I../../../../../../../Drivers/BSP/Components/stm32wb_at -O0 -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -Wall -fstack-usage -fcyclomatic-complexity -MMD -MP -MF"Example/User/ble_at_appli.d" -MT"Example/User/ble_at_appli.o" --specs=nano.specs -mfpu=fpv5-sp-d16 -mfloat-abi=hard -mthumb -o "Example/User/ble_at_appli.o"
arm-none-eabi-gcc "C:/Users/maxwe/github_repos/STM32CubeU5/Projects/B-U585I-IOT02A/Applications/BLE/BLE_AT_Client/Src/main.c" -mcpu=cortex-m33 -std=gnu11 -g3 -DDEBUG -DSTM32U585xx -DUSE_HAL_DRIVER -DUSE_B_U585I_IOT02A -c -I../../Inc -I../../../../../../../Drivers/CMSIS/Include -I../../../../../../../Drivers/CMSIS/Device/ST/STM32U5xx/Include -I../../../../../../../Drivers/STM32U5xx_HAL_Driver/Inc -I../../../../../../../Drivers/BSP/B-U585I-IOT02A -I../../../../../../../Drivers/BSP/Components/Common -I../../../../../../../Drivers/BSP/Components/stm32wb_at -O0 -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -Wall -fstack-usage -fcyclomatic-complexity -MMD -MP -MF"Example/User/main.d" -MT"Example/User/main.o" --specs=nano.specs -mfpu=fpv5-sp-d16 -mfloat-abi=hard -mthumb -o "Example/User/main.o"
arm-none-eabi-gcc "C:/Users/maxwe/github_repos/STM32CubeU5/Projects/B-U585I-IOT02A/Applications/BLE/BLE_AT_Client/Src/stm32u5xx_hal_msp.c" -mcpu=cortex-m33 -std=gnu11 -g3 -DDEBUG -DSTM32U585xx -DUSE_HAL_DRIVER -DUSE_B_U585I_IOT02A -c -I../../Inc -I../../../../../../../Drivers/CMSIS/Include -I../../../../../../../Drivers/CMSIS/Device/ST/STM32U5xx/Include -I../../../../../../../Drivers/STM32U5xx_HAL_Driver/Inc -I../../../../../../../Drivers/BSP/B-U585I-IOT02A -I../../../../../../../Drivers/BSP/Components/Common -I../../../../../../../Drivers/BSP/Components/stm32wb_at -O0 -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -Wall -fstack-usage -fcyclomatic-complexity -MMD -MP -MF"Example/User/stm32u5xx_hal_msp.d" -MT"Example/User/stm32u5xx_hal_msp.o" --specs=nano.specs -mfpu=fpv5-sp-d16 -mfloat-abi=hard -mthumb -o "Example/User/stm32u5xx_hal_msp.o"
arm-none-eabi-gcc "C:/Users/maxwe/github_repos/STM32CubeU5/Projects/B-U585I-IOT02A/Applications/BLE/BLE_AT_Client/Src/stm32u5xx_it.c" -mcpu=cortex-m33 -std=gnu11 -g3 -DDEBUG -DSTM32U585xx -DUSE_HAL_DRIVER -DUSE_B_U585I_IOT02A -c -I../../Inc -I../../../../../../../Drivers/CMSIS/Include -I../../../../../../../Drivers/CMSIS/Device/ST/STM32U5xx/Include -I../../../../../../../Drivers/STM32U5xx_HAL_Driver/Inc -I../../../../../../../Drivers/BSP/B-U585I-IOT02A -I../../../../../../../Drivers/BSP/Components/Common -I../../../../../../../Drivers/BSP/Components/stm32wb_at -O0 -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -Wall -fstack-usage -fcyclomatic-complexity -MMD -MP -MF"Example/User/stm32u5xx_it.d" -MT"Example/User/stm32u5xx_it.o" --specs=nano.specs -mfpu=fpv5-sp-d16 -mfloat-abi=hard -mthumb -o "Example/User/stm32u5xx_it.o"
make: *** No rule to make target 'C:/Users/maxwe/github_repos/STM32CubeU5/Drivers/STM32U5xx_HAL_Driver/Src/stm32u5xx_hal.c', needed by 'Drivers/STM32U5xx_HAL_Driver/stm32u5xx_hal.o'.  Stop.
make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
C:/Users/maxwe/github_repos/STM32CubeU5/Projects/B-U585I-IOT02A/Applications/BLE/BLE_AT_Client/Src/main.c: In function 'main':
C:/Users/maxwe/github_repos/STM32CubeU5/Projects/B-U585I-IOT02A/Applications/BLE/BLE_AT_Client/Src/main.c:65:3: warning: implicit declaration of function 'HAL_Init'; did you mean 'HAL_LIN_Init'? [-Wimplicit-function-declaration]
   65 |   HAL_Init();
      |   ^~~~~~~~
      |   HAL_LIN_Init
C:/Users/maxwe/github_repos/STM32CubeU5/Projects/B-U585I-IOT02A/Applications/BLE/BLE_AT_Client/Src/stm32u5xx_it.c: In function 'SysTick_Handler':
C:/Users/maxwe/github_repos/STM32CubeU5/Projects/B-U585I-IOT02A/Applications/BLE/BLE_AT_Client/Src/stm32u5xx_it.c:138:3: warning: implicit declaration of function 'HAL_IncTick' [-Wimplicit-function-declaration]
  138 |   HAL_IncTick();
      |   ^~~~~~~~~~~
C:/Users/maxwe/github_repos/STM32CubeU5/Projects/B-U585I-IOT02A/Applications/BLE/BLE_AT_Client/Src/stm32u5xx_it.c: In function 'EXTI13_IRQHandler':
C:/Users/maxwe/github_repos/STM32CubeU5/Projects/B-U585I-IOT02A/Applications/BLE/BLE_AT_Client/Src/stm32u5xx_it.c:169:24: error: 'hpb_exti' undeclared (first use in this function)
  169 |   HAL_EXTI_IRQHandler(&hpb_exti[0]);
      |                        ^~~~~~~~
C:/Users/maxwe/github_repos/STM32CubeU5/Projects/B-U585I-IOT02A/Applications/BLE/BLE_AT_Client/Src/stm32u5xx_it.c:169:24: note: each undeclared identifier is reported only once for each function it appears in
C:/Users/maxwe/github_repos/STM32CubeU5/Projects/B-U585I-IOT02A/Applications/BLE/BLE_AT_Client/Src/main.c:73:3: warning: implicit declaration of function 'BSP_LED_Init' [-Wimplicit-function-declaration]
   73 |   BSP_LED_Init(LED_GREEN);
      |   ^~~~~~~~~~~~
make: *** [Example/User/subdir.mk:40: Example/User/stm32u5xx_it.o] Error 1
C:/Users/maxwe/github_repos/STM32CubeU5/Projects/B-U585I-IOT02A/Applications/BLE/BLE_AT_Client/Src/main.c:73:16: error: 'LED_GREEN' undeclared (first use in this function)
   73 |   BSP_LED_Init(LED_GREEN);
      |                ^~~~~~~~~
C:/Users/maxwe/github_repos/STM32CubeU5/Projects/B-U585I-IOT02A/Applications/BLE/BLE_AT_Client/Src/main.c:73:16: note: each undeclared identifier is reported only once for each function it appears in
C:/Users/maxwe/github_repos/STM32CubeU5/Projects/B-U585I-IOT02A/Applications/BLE/BLE_AT_Client/Src/main.c:74:16: error: 'LED_RED' undeclared (first use in this function)
   74 |   BSP_LED_Init(LED_RED);
      |                ^~~~~~~
C:/Users/maxwe/github_repos/STM32CubeU5/Projects/B-U585I-IOT02A/Applications/BLE/BLE_AT_Client/Src/main.c:79:3: warning: implicit declaration of function 'BSP_LED_Off' [-Wimplicit-function-declaration]
   79 |   BSP_LED_Off(LED_GREEN);
      |   ^~~~~~~~~~~
C:/Users/maxwe/github_repos/STM32CubeU5/Projects/B-U585I-IOT02A/Applications/BLE/BLE_AT_Client/Src/ble_at_appli.c:42:22: error: unknown type name 'Button_TypeDef'
   42 | void BSP_PB_Callback(Button_TypeDef Button)
      |                      ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~
C:/Users/maxwe/github_repos/STM32CubeU5/Projects/B-U585I-IOT02A/Applications/BLE/BLE_AT_Client/Src/main.c:88:3: warning: implicit declaration of function 'HAL_Delay' [-Wimplicit-function-declaration]
   88 |   HAL_Delay(2000);
      |   ^~~~~~~~~
C:/Users/maxwe/github_repos/STM32CubeU5/Projects/B-U585I-IOT02A/Applications/BLE/BLE_AT_Client/Src/ble_at_appli.c: In function 'stm32wb_at_BLE_EVT_WRITE_cb':
C:/Users/maxwe/github_repos/STM32CubeU5/Projects/B-U585I-IOT02A/Applications/BLE/BLE_AT_Client/Src/ble_at_appli.c:110:7: warning: implicit declaration of function 'BSP_LED_Off' [-Wimplicit-function-declaration]
  110 |       BSP_LED_Off(LED_GREEN);
      |       ^~~~~~~~~~~
C:/Users/maxwe/github_repos/STM32CubeU5/Projects/B-U585I-IOT02A/Applications/BLE/BLE_AT_Client/Src/main.c:106:3: warning: implicit declaration of function 'BSP_PB_Init' [-Wimplicit-function-declaration]
  106 |   BSP_PB_Init(BUTTON_USER, BUTTON_MODE_EXTI);
      |   ^~~~~~~~~~~
C:/Users/maxwe/github_repos/STM32CubeU5/Projects/B-U585I-IOT02A/Applications/BLE/BLE_AT_Client/Src/ble_at_appli.c:110:19: error: 'LED_GREEN' undeclared (first use in this function)
  110 |       BSP_LED_Off(LED_GREEN);
      |                   ^~~~~~~~~
C:/Users/maxwe/github_repos/STM32CubeU5/Projects/B-U585I-IOT02A/Applications/BLE/BLE_AT_Client/Src/ble_at_appli.c:110:19: note: each undeclared identifier is reported only once for each function it appears in
C:/Users/maxwe/github_repos/STM32CubeU5/Projects/B-U585I-IOT02A/Applications/BLE/BLE_AT_Client/Src/main.c:106:15: error: 'BUTTON_USER' undeclared (first use in this function)
      |               ^~~~~~~~~~~
C:/Users/maxwe/github_repos/STM32CubeU5/Projects/B-U585I-IOT02A/Applications/BLE/BLE_AT_Client/Src/ble_at_appli.c:114:7: warning: implicit declaration of function 'BSP_LED_On' [-Wimplicit-function-declaration]
  114 |       BSP_LED_On(LED_GREEN);
      |       ^~~~~~~~~~
At top level:
C:/Users/maxwe/github_repos/STM32CubeU5/Projects/B-U585I-IOT02A/Applications/BLE/BLE_AT_Client/Src/ble_at_appli.c:29:32: warning: 'tick_snapshot2' defined but not used [-Wunused-variable]
   29 | static uint32_t tick_snapshot, tick_snapshot2;
      |                                ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~
C:/Users/maxwe/github_repos/STM32CubeU5/Projects/B-U585I-IOT02A/Applications/BLE/BLE_AT_Client/Src/ble_at_appli.c:29:17: warning: 'tick_snapshot' defined but not used [-Wunused-variable]
   29 | static uint32_t tick_snapshot, tick_snapshot2;
      |                 ^~~~~~~~~~~~~
make: *** [Example/User/subdir.mk:34: Example/User/ble_at_appli.o] Error 1
C:/Users/maxwe/github_repos/STM32CubeU5/Projects/B-U585I-IOT02A/Applications/BLE/BLE_AT_Client/Src/main.c:106:28: error: 'BUTTON_MODE_EXTI' undeclared (first use in this function)
      |                            ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
C:/Users/maxwe/github_repos/STM32CubeU5/Projects/B-U585I-IOT02A/Applications/BLE/BLE_AT_Client/Src/main.c: In function 'Error_Handler':
C:/Users/maxwe/github_repos/STM32CubeU5/Projects/B-U585I-IOT02A/Applications/BLE/BLE_AT_Client/Src/main.c:317:3: warning: implicit declaration of function 'BSP_LED_On' [-Wimplicit-function-declaration]
  317 |   BSP_LED_On(LED_RED);
      |   ^~~~~~~~~~
C:/Users/maxwe/github_repos/STM32CubeU5/Projects/B-U585I-IOT02A/Applications/BLE/BLE_AT_Client/Src/main.c:317:14: error: 'LED_RED' undeclared (first use in this function)
  317 |   BSP_LED_On(LED_RED);
      |              ^~~~~~~
make: *** [Example/User/subdir.mk:36: Example/User/main.o] Error 1
"make -j12 all" terminated with exit code 2. Build might be incomplete.

14:34:09 Build Failed. 13 errors, 11 warnings. (took 616ms)

I was under the impression that I would be able to build this project as an example. Do you have a detailed walkthrough for this example?

maxwellfite
Associate III

@STTwo-32, now I just seem to be hung up here:

--------------------------------------------
Start of the STM32WB5M module AT example.
Run ST BLE sensor application on your smartphone and connect to you device.                                                  
Press user button:
- once to notify a value.
- twice to toggle the BLE service.
                                                                               -                                                   -------------------------------------------
TX: AT
maxwellfite
Associate III

@STTwo-32 please see my response to the post below, where other users are having the same issue:

https://community.st.com/t5/stm32-mcus-wireless/can-t-detect-bluetooth-from-b-u585i-iot02a-board/m-p/575035

maxwellfite
Associate III

My source code is below for my main.c:

/**
  ******************************************************************************
  * @file    BLE/BLE_AT_Client/Src/main.c
  * @author  MCD Application Team
  * @brief   Main program body
  * @attention
  * Copyright (c) 2021 STMicroelectronics.
  * All rights reserved.
  * This software is licensed under terms that can be found in the LICENSE file
  * in the root directory of this software component.
  * If no LICENSE file comes with this software, it is provided AS-IS.
  */

/* Includes ------------------------------------------------------------------*/
#include "main.h"
#include <stdio.h>

#include "stm32wb_at.h"
#include "stm32wb_at_ble.h"
#include "stm32wb_at_client.h"
#include "ble_at_appli.h"

/* Private typedef -----------------------------------------------------------*/
/* Private define ------------------------------------------------------------*/
/* Private macro -------------------------------------------------------------*/
/* Private variables ---------------------------------------------------------*/
UART_HandleTypeDef huart1;
UART_HandleTypeDef huart4;

/* Private function prototypes -----------------------------------------------*/
#if defined (__ICCARM__) || defined (__ARMCC_VERSION)
#define PUTCHAR_PROTOTYPE int fputc(int ch, FILE *f)
#elif defined(__GNUC__)
   /* With GCC, small printf (option LD Linker->Libraries->Small printf
   set to 'Yes') calls __io_putchar() */
#define PUTCHAR_PROTOTYPE int __io_putchar(int ch)
#endif /* __ICCARM__ || __ARMCC_VERSION */

static void SystemClock_Config(void);
static void CACHE_Enable(void);
static void MX_USART1_UART_Init(void);
static void MX_USART4_UART_Init(void);

/* Private functions ---------------------------------------------------------*/

/**
  * @brief  Main program
  * @PAram  None
  * @retval None
  */
int main(void)
{
  uint8_t status = 0;
  /* STM32U5xx HAL library initialization:
       - Configure the Flash prefetch
       - Configure the Systick to generate an interrupt each 1 msec
       - Set NVIC Group Priority to 3
       - Low Level Initialization
     */
  HAL_Init();

/* Enable the Instruction Cache */
  CACHE_Enable();

/* Configure the System clock to have a frequency of 160 MHz */
  SystemClock_Config();

BSP_LED_Init(LED_GREEN);
  BSP_LED_Init(LED_RED);

MX_USART1_UART_Init();
  MX_USART4_UART_Init();

BSP_LED_Off(LED_GREEN);
  printf("--------------------------------------------\n\r");
  printf("Start of the STM32WB5M module AT example.\n\r");
  printf("Run ST BLE sensor application on your smartphone and connect to you device.\n\r");
  printf("Press user button:\n\r");
  printf("  - once to notify a value.\n\r");
  printf("  - twice to toggle the BLE service.\n\r");
  printf("--------------------------------------------\n\r");

HAL_Delay(2000);
  status |= stm32wb_at_Init(&at_buffer[0], sizeof(at_buffer));
  status |= stm32wb_at_client_Init();

/* Test the UART communication link with BLE module */
  status |= stm32wb_at_client_Query(BLE_TEST);
  HAL_Delay(1000);

if(status != 0)
  {
    Error_Handler();
  }
  /* Send a BLE AT command to start the BLE P2P server application */
  stm32wb_at_BLE_SVC_t param_BLE_SVC;
  global_svc_index = 1;
  param_BLE_SVC.index = global_svc_index;
  stm32wb_at_client_Set(BLE_SVC, &param_BLE_SVC);
  HAL_Delay(2000);
  stm32wb_at_client_Query(BLE_SVC);
  BSP_PB_Init(BUTTON_USER, BUTTON_MODE_EXTI);

/* Infinite loop */
  while (1)
  {
  }
}

/**
  * @brief  System Clock Configuration
  *         The system Clock is configured as follows :
  *            System Clock source            = PLL (MSI)
  *            SYSCLK(Hz)                     = 160000000
  *            HCLK(Hz)                       = 160000000
  *            AHB Prescaler                  = 1
  *            APB1 Prescaler                 = 1
  *            APB2 Prescaler                 = 1
  *            APB3 Prescaler                 = 1
  *            MSI Frequency(Hz)              = 4000000
  *            PLL_MBOOST                     = 1
  *            PLL_M                          = 1
  *            PLL_N                          = 80
  *            PLL_Q                          = 2
  *            PLL_R                          = 2
  *            PLL_P                          = 2
  *            Flash Latency(WS)              = 4
  * @PAram  None
  * @retval None
  */
void SystemClock_Config(void)
{
  RCC_ClkInitTypeDef RCC_ClkInitStruct = {0};
  RCC_OscInitTypeDef RCC_OscInitStruct = {0};

/* Enable voltage range 1 for frequency above 100 Mhz */
  __HAL_RCC_PWR_CLK_ENABLE();
  HAL_PWREx_ControlVoltageScaling(PWR_REGULATOR_VOLTAGE_SCALE1);

/* Switch to SMPS regulator instead of LDO */
  HAL_PWREx_ConfigSupply(PWR_SMPS_SUPPLY);

__HAL_RCC_PWR_CLK_DISABLE();

/* MSI Oscillator enabled at reset (4Mhz), activate PLL with MSI as source */
  RCC_OscInitStruct.OscillatorType = RCC_OSCILLATORTYPE_MSI;
  RCC_OscInitStruct.MSIState = RCC_MSI_ON;
  RCC_OscInitStruct.MSIClockRange = RCC_MSIRANGE_4;
  RCC_OscInitStruct.MSICalibrationValue = RCC_MSICALIBRATION_DEFAULT;
  RCC_OscInitStruct.PLL.PLLState = RCC_PLL_ON;
  RCC_OscInitStruct.PLL.PLLSource = RCC_PLLSOURCE_MSI;
  RCC_OscInitStruct.PLL.PLLMBOOST = RCC_PLLMBOOST_DIV1;
  RCC_OscInitStruct.PLL.PLLM = 1;
  RCC_OscInitStruct.PLL.PLLN = 80;
  RCC_OscInitStruct.PLL.PLLR = 2;
  RCC_OscInitStruct.PLL.PLLP = 2;
  RCC_OscInitStruct.PLL.PLLQ = 2;
  RCC_OscInitStruct.PLL.PLLFRACN= 0;
  if (HAL_RCC_OscConfig(&RCC_OscInitStruct) != HAL_OK)
  {
    /* Initialization Error */
    while(1);
  }

/* Select PLL as system clock source and configure bus clocks dividers */
  RCC_ClkInitStruct.ClockType = (RCC_CLOCKTYPE_SYSCLK | RCC_CLOCKTYPE_HCLK | RCC_CLOCKTYPE_PCLK1 | \
                                 RCC_CLOCKTYPE_PCLK2  | RCC_CLOCKTYPE_PCLK3);
  RCC_ClkInitStruct.SYSCLKSource = RCC_SYSCLKSOURCE_PLLCLK;
  RCC_ClkInitStruct.AHBCLKDivider = RCC_SYSCLK_DIV1;
  RCC_ClkInitStruct.APB1CLKDivider = RCC_HCLK_DIV1;
  RCC_ClkInitStruct.APB2CLKDivider = RCC_HCLK_DIV1;
  RCC_ClkInitStruct.APB3CLKDivider = RCC_HCLK_DIV1;
  if(HAL_RCC_ClockConfig(&RCC_ClkInitStruct, FLASH_LATENCY_4) != HAL_OK)
  {
    /* Initialization Error */
    while(1);
  }
}

/**
  * @brief USART1 Initialization Function
  * @PAram None
  * @retval None
  */
static void MX_USART1_UART_Init(void)
{

/* USER CODE BEGIN USART1_Init 0 */

/* USER CODE END USART1_Init 0 */

/* USER CODE BEGIN USART1_Init 1 */

/* USER CODE END USART1_Init 1 */
  huart1.Instance = USART1;
  huart1.Init.BaudRate = 115200;
  huart1.Init.WordLength = UART_WORDLENGTH_8B;
  huart1.Init.StopBits = UART_STOPBITS_1;
  huart1.Init.Parity = UART_PARITY_NONE;
  huart1.Init.Mode = UART_MODE_TX_RX;
  huart1.Init.HwFlowCtl = UART_HWCONTROL_NONE;
  huart1.Init.OverSampling = UART_OVERSAMPLING_16;
  huart1.Init.OneBitSampling = UART_ONE_BIT_SAMPLE_DISABLE;
  huart1.Init.ClockPrescaler = UART_PRESCALER_DIV1;
  huart1.AdvancedInit.AdvFeatureInit = UART_ADVFEATURE_NO_INIT;
  if (HAL_UART_Init(&huart1) != HAL_OK)
  {
    Error_Handler();
  }
  if (HAL_UARTEx_SetTxFifoThreshold(&huart1, UART_TXFIFO_THRESHOLD_1_8) != HAL_OK)
  {
    Error_Handler();
  }
  if (HAL_UARTEx_SetRxFifoThreshold(&huart1, UART_RXFIFO_THRESHOLD_1_8) != HAL_OK)
  {
    Error_Handler();
  }
  if (HAL_UARTEx_DisableFifoMode(&huart1) != HAL_OK)
  {
    Error_Handler();
  }
  /* USER CODE BEGIN USART1_Init 2 */

/* USER CODE END USART1_Init 2 */

}

/**
  * @brief USART4 Initialization Function
  * @PAram None
  * @retval None
  */
static void MX_USART4_UART_Init(void)
{

/* USER CODE BEGIN USART4_Init 0 */

/* USER CODE END USART4_Init 0 */

/* USER CODE BEGIN USART4_Init 1 */

/* USER CODE END USART4_Init 1 */
  huart4.Instance = UART4;
  huart4.Init.BaudRate = 9600;
  huart4.Init.WordLength = UART_WORDLENGTH_8B;
  huart4.Init.StopBits = UART_STOPBITS_1;
  huart4.Init.Parity = UART_PARITY_NONE;
  huart4.Init.Mode = UART_MODE_TX_RX;
  huart4.Init.HwFlowCtl = UART_HWCONTROL_NONE;
  huart4.Init.OverSampling = UART_OVERSAMPLING_16;
  huart4.Init.OneBitSampling = UART_ONE_BIT_SAMPLE_DISABLE;
  huart4.Init.ClockPrescaler = UART_PRESCALER_DIV1;
  huart4.AdvancedInit.AdvFeatureInit = UART_ADVFEATURE_NO_INIT;
  if (HAL_UART_Init(&huart4) != HAL_OK)
  {
    Error_Handler();
  }
  if (HAL_UARTEx_SetTxFifoThreshold(&huart4, UART_TXFIFO_THRESHOLD_1_8) != HAL_OK)
  {
    Error_Handler();
  }
  if (HAL_UARTEx_SetRxFifoThreshold(&huart4, UART_RXFIFO_THRESHOLD_1_8) != HAL_OK)
  {
    Error_Handler();
  }
  if (HAL_UARTEx_DisableFifoMode(&huart4) != HAL_OK)
  {
    Error_Handler();
  }
  /* USER CODE BEGIN USART4_Init 2 */

/* USER CODE END USART4_Init 2 */

}

/**
  * @brief  Enable ICACHE with 1-way set-associative configuration.
  * @PAram  None
  * @retval None
  */
static void CACHE_Enable(void)
{
  /* Configure ICACHE associativity mode */
  HAL_ICACHE_ConfigAssociativityMode(ICACHE_1WAY);

/* Enable ICACHE */
  HAL_ICACHE_Enable();
}

/**
  * @brief  Retargets the C library printf function to the USART.
  * @PAram  None
  * @retval None
  */
PUTCHAR_PROTOTYPE
{
  /* Place your implementation of fputc here */
  /* e.g. write a character to the USART1 and Loop until the end of transmission */
  HAL_UART_Transmit(&huart1, (uint8_t *)&ch, 1, 0xFFFF);

return ch;
}

/**
  * @brief  This function is executed in case of error occurrence.
  * @retval None
  */
void Error_Handler(void)
{
  /* USER CODE BEGIN Error_Handler_Debug */
  /* User can add his own implementation to report the HAL error return state */
  /* Turn LED6 on */
  BSP_LED_On(LED_RED);
  while (1);
  /* USER CODE END Error_Handler_Debug */
}

#ifdef  USE_FULL_ASSERT
/**
  * @brief  Reports the name of the source file and the source line number
  *         where the assert_param error has occurred.
  * @PAram  file: pointer to the source file name
  * @PAram  line: assert_param error line source number
  * @retval None
  */
void assert_failed(uint8_t *file, uint32_t line)
{
  /* User can add his own implementation to report the file name and line number,
     ex: printf("Wrong parameters value: file %s on line %d\r\n", file, line) */

/* Infinite loop */
  while (1)
  {
  }
}
#endif
maxwellfite
Associate III

STTwo-32, it looks like the community is looking for an answer from STM on this (https://community.st.com/t5/stm32-mcus-wireless/can-t-detect-bluetooth-from-b-u585i-iot02a-board/m-p/575035). We will have to move mountains to pivot from this board at this point. Help would be greatly appreciated.