cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant update the Wireless Firmware version 0.0.0

CHPrince06
Associate

Hi, have a nice day.
I'm currently facing an issue on a custom board which uses the STM32WB55RGV6 MCU, with which BLE doesn't work.

Browsing through forums I found the documentation for installing the ".bin" files needed to update the FUS and BLE_Stack, but I haven't been successful when trying to update the wireless firmware of the MCU.

The project is created with the version STM32Cube_FW_WB_V1.16.0., therefore I have used the corresponding memory addresses and files from the STM32Cube_FW_WB_V1.16.0 folder.

CHPrince06_1-1723600765040.png

To upload code I use a J-link with the 6-pin connector and I can't use the WB section of CubeProgrammer as it is not supported for J-link.

I would also like to know if it is necessary for the PH3-BOOT0 pin to be at 3.3V or GND in order to correctly load the files. I clarify that I have already done it in both ways without success.

I have tried several ways (When I load the FUS first and then the BLE_Stack I verify that the files are in the previously loaded memory address, but it seems that when loading the second file either the FUS or the BLE_Stack it corrupts the file that was previously loaded, I have done this with a segger tool "j-link commander") but I have not been able to solve the problem, I appreciate your help please.

Attached are images of the problem:

3 REPLIES 3
Lubos KOUDELKA
ST Employee

Hello,
please try guidance from segger wiki pages. This guidance is targeting FUS/stack update using J-Link. PH3-BOOT0 pin in combination with option bytes may be used for switching boot address of MCU. Please check reference manual for description - 2.3 Boot configuration.
Using system bootloader is another alternative how to update FUS/stack. More details can be found in AN5185 

Best regards,
Lubos

Thank you for replying.
Since trying to solve the problem I have followed the steps indicated by the segger page without success, so I decided to use STM32_Programmer_CLI.exe which throws me the following error when trying to execute a command. (I'm using port = JLINK)

CHPrince06_0-1723753404089.png

How can I solve it, so I can try the steps to update the FUS and BLE Stack?

Lubos KOUDELKA
ST Employee

Hello,
STM32CubeProgrammer is not supporting yet FUS/stack operation on STM32WB55 with Jlink yet. If you have issue with the procedure from segger wiki with Jlink, please try to contact segger.
Do you have any STlink probe you could use instead of Jlink for test?