cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot initiate connection with a device when there is another device like it nearby

thealbertdev
Associate III

We are developing a BLE device based on a STM32WB5MM. The device acts as a server and has configured the connection with bonding (and a passkey).

We have a problem connecting to the device when several devices of the same type coexist in the same place (about 3/4 devices in an area of 5 meters radius). It is difficult to start the connection, in the order of minutes (sometimes it is not even possible to start the connection). However, once the connection is established (because we move away from the area) it remains stable (even if we return to the area with more devices).

Any idea why this might be? All devices have the same name. This is the only thing that comes to mind. Can this cause a problem at the time of authentication (bonding)? We have noticed that if a mobile device (which is our client) has a paired device, it cannot connect/pair to another one until the information of the previous device has been deleted on the mobile. If so, just modifying the name of the advertising is enough or is it necessary to modify something else?

Best regards and thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
thealbertdev
Associate III

Just in case it happens to anyone else, the solution has been to indicate a different IRK and ERK for each device.

I have questions about this at the production level that I will move in a separate post.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
thealbertdev
Associate III

More info: I have updated the advertising name and GAT name without changes in the connection difficulties.

thealbertdev
Associate III

Just in case it happens to anyone else, the solution has been to indicate a different IRK and ERK for each device.

I have questions about this at the production level that I will move in a separate post.