cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can Stm32wb55 use a hse clock source other than 32mhz?

энн
Associate II

According to page 118 of stm32wb55ce frequency needs to be exactly 32 mhz with no option of holding any other value at all. However when in stm32cube ide the clock configuration tool lists 4-48 mhz as acceptable input frequency for HSE.

Is the datasheet or stm32cube ide wrong?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TDK
Guru

A 32 MHz crystal is required for radio operations. If you don't care about that, you can use some other value. However, there is very little reason to choose this chip unless you're using its radio.

So don't overthink it and just use a 32 MHz HSE.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
TDK
Guru

A 32 MHz crystal is required for radio operations. If you don't care about that, you can use some other value. However, there is very little reason to choose this chip unless you're using its radio.

So don't overthink it and just use a 32 MHz HSE.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
энн
Associate II

However I'm still curious so I should not use the PLL meaning max frequency for sysclk is 32 MHZ?

Not an expert in this chip, but I don't see any reason not to use the PLL.

The second core will use HSE directly to do its thing, but you can use whatever you want. Did you try it?