cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I implement a small Lorawan Gateway using B-L072Z-LRWAN1

Flavio Alves
Associate II

Hello,

I want to implement a solution based on the B-L072Z-LRWAN1 where several boards will send data to a single concentrator board, which will deliver the information using USB.

Peer-to-peer works fine, based on the ping pong example from the board project. But, when I add another board, everything stops working.

Based on a internet research, it seems that I have to use LoraWAN protocol on a private network configuration. Is that correct?

And, in this case, everywhere on internet indicates a big gateway, running a processor and with internet connectivity, which is not the case of my application.

So, I would like to ask you some advice in how should I proceed to implement a solution to capture data from some (between 10 and 20, at most) B-L072Z-LRWAN1 boards using another B-L072Z-LRWAN1.

Thank you very much.

Best regards,

Flavio

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Well the other solutions allow for reception of multiple concurrent radio signals, even with slight displacement in the time domain.

The SX1276 (and thus the B-L072Z-LRWAN1) can only receive a single signals, and only when it is ready/listening.

If you want multiple nodes to be received, you're going to need an accurate time base, and order and separate the node transmissions over time so that you're ready to get the responses.

An alternate would be for the "Gateway" to beacon a cycling/sequencing signal, and based on this each node would take its turn to respond, or not within the narrow reception window before the next beacon is sent.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Well the other solutions allow for reception of multiple concurrent radio signals, even with slight displacement in the time domain.

The SX1276 (and thus the B-L072Z-LRWAN1) can only receive a single signals, and only when it is ready/listening.

If you want multiple nodes to be received, you're going to need an accurate time base, and order and separate the node transmissions over time so that you're ready to get the responses.

An alternate would be for the "Gateway" to beacon a cycling/sequencing signal, and based on this each node would take its turn to respond, or not within the narrow reception window before the next beacon is sent.

Thank you very much for you fast response.

Indeed ... I will work with the suggested approach. In my case, it is possible to create a device id number and establish several "peer to peer communications" to collect data.

Best regards,

Flavio

The nodes can also listen, and build a roster of present nodes, the "gateway" can transmit a wildcard slot for un-indexed nodes to register themselves.

J P Norair has this thing at Haystack

https://rethinkresearch.biz/articles/haystack-unveils-new-dash7-enabled-lora-kit-amazon-teases-sidewalk/