cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Booting from Flash memory not working with STM32WB15CCU6

NSch.1
Associate II

Hi,

I've got an STM32WB15CCU6 on a custom board and am currently trying to get it to boot from Flash memory after programming it with the STM Cube IDE.

Debugging a program in the IDE works perfectly fine, but if I flash it to my microcontroller (using SWD) and remove the ST-Link from it and supply it from a different source, my LED blink demo doesn't run anymore.

The BOOT0 pin is on GND via a 10kOhm resistor, this is my pinout from the IDE: 0693W00000YAU0bQAH.pngI looked up the Option Bytes via the STM Programmer and they all seem to be set correct, as described in the boot process FAQ.

0693W00000YAU2SQAX.pngIn the PCC Tools, the configuration looks as follows:

0693W00000YAU3fQAH.pngDoes the Memory Fetch Type have anything to do with from where the MCU boots during a normal boot process and if so, do I have to set it to F_FLASH? It is currently set to SRAM1.

If all of the above are correct that way, what else should I check to get the boot process to run correctly?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Best Regards,

Nik

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
NSch.1
Associate II

Thanks for the tip!

I've actually just figured out what the problem was. I always just removed the ST Link USB Stick from the PC, but left the SWD adapter plugged onto my board. By that, apparently execution from the board's flash memory is somehow jammed. As soon as I remove the adapter from the board, everything works perfectly fine.

Still, thanks again,

Nik

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Javier1
Principal

>>what else should I check to get the boot process to run correctly?

Run a debuggin session , and then while the debugger is on ,press the reset button in your board, check what happens

we dont need to firmware by ourselves, lets talk
NSch.1
Associate II

Thanks for the tip!

I've actually just figured out what the problem was. I always just removed the ST Link USB Stick from the PC, but left the SWD adapter plugged onto my board. By that, apparently execution from the board's flash memory is somehow jammed. As soon as I remove the adapter from the board, everything works perfectly fine.

Still, thanks again,

Nik

Happens to me every time, the board is kept in reset when stlink is not powered but connected

we dont need to firmware by ourselves, lets talk

Good to know, thanks! Also, glad I'm not the only one to make that mistake ^^